Chapter 2

Pic on the side is of the (current) Cloaked Wiccans and the song is "Ghost" by Deftones 

:P

-------------------------------------------------

Chapter 2

Air's POV

"I still can't believe Hawk got a better grade than us," Rowan all but growled as she stuffed her paper in her bag.

"Believe it bitch, I always told you I was cleverer than you," The guy in question laughed from next to her and nudged her arm to annoy her further.

"I know why Air failed, but how could you have Rowan? You were studying with me for goddess' sake!" Willow shook her head in mock disappointment and I rolled my eyes at the smirk on her face, hating her so much at that moment.

Not only had she aced the test along with Hawk, she had just opened yesterday's events with the soul-sucker to the conversation, which she obviously knew about after demanding to know why I had wanted to borrow her book and why I had looked like I had been in some sort of altercation.

Might as well have not have bothered even getting myself into this mess from the grade I got. Curse that demon. Did they do anything else with their free time?

"What do you mean you know why Air failed?" Rowan stopped walking and stood still in the middle of the pathway, forcing us to stop too and gain us the disgruntled expressions of the other students who had to walk around us. "What did you tell her that you didn't tell us?"

"Let's go to Zulu's and I'll tell you all there," I sighed and began walking again. I would be damned to catch a cold just to talk about this stupid demon – he certainly was not worth getting stranded out in this weather. My head and my arms might have been covered from the thick material of my cloak and the large hood, but because of the wind half of my legs (that weren't covered in my long, black high-heeled boots) were open to the subjection of the icy rain and I had to gather the material around me using my arms and cross them to keep it there.

My friends followed behind like I knew they would, falling back a little behind me automatically from respect since I was the Crone's granddaughter, something I hated them doing but over the years I guess I just had to get used to it.

Rowan, Willow, Hawk and I were childhood friends ever since I had been forced to live in this city. The group is actually bigger as all three of them have Soulmates, but their families were richer and could afford for them to go live somewhere outside of the city to study. And though it tore my friends apart they couldn't let them miss out on the opportunity, so unless they came back from college during the holidays or whenever they could get a break, our group was down from seven to four.

Ever since the age of fifteen, everyone in our community referred to us as the Cloaked Wiccans. The name was eventually adapted to the Cloaked Witches by others in the city that we had disagreements with, had a name-basis with or were known to them from rumours of said disagreements.

This was because we were the only witches of our age group that wore our family 'emblem' cloaks outside of formal or ceremonial rituals or other important events, and because the hoods of our cloaks always over our heads when we were outside of our communities so our face was covered in the street but when indoors at a bar or whatever we let it back so it just sat on our hair and our faces were on show.

Red haired, grey-eyed Rowan Garland was the spitfire in our group, but she was all mouth since, with her petite build that wasn't exactly in shape enough for her to follow up with her fists, if she wasn't quick enough with a spell she was in a round of trouble. To be honest, nearly all the fights that had made our group so notorious (mostly with the shape-shifters and demons) were because of her hot-headedness and her inability to think before she spoke. Ever since her Soulmate Glen had gone away to college, Hawk and I had to constantly get involved to get her safely out of the fight, with Willow waiting in the side-lines for back-up in case we needed it (which we didn't).