Chapter 1

Pic on the side is of Air Blackwood/Ariella Nyle and the song is "Stranger in a Strange Land" by Thirty Seconds to Mars

:D

--------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1

Air's POV

The sound of the bell above the door alerted me to the customer before their greeting did and I looked up from my book to see Elisa Birch, one of the elderly witches in our community, smiling at me.

"Hello Air, did my order come in?" She asked, taking off her gloves and warming her small, wrinkled hands against the heating fan we had on the counter.

"Yes, it's right here." I said with a smile, putting the book face-down to save my page before getting off my stool and walking over to the shelves behind me where all the special ingredients were packaged for the people who put in an order for them.

"Thank the Goddess for that. My granddaughter has done nothing but wallow about the house despairing over her appearance. But I tell you if she didn't want to get hexed, she shouldn't have gotten near those Heckler boys."

"Yes, they're never punished, so how do they know when they've done wrong?" I said gently, knowing that that was what she wanted to hear, but the statement itself was true. As the granddaughter of the leader of the Witch community, I was present at every one of those punishment hearings.

I finally found the packages that had her name on the tag and carefully took it out without jostling the other bundles.

"Here you go Mrs Birch, your hemlock and tarantula legs." I smiled taking off the wrapper off the parcels so she could check if it was the right batch she had ordered. "I'm sure this will come in handy for Stella's ailment."

"Thank you dear, this will definitely do." She beamed when she had finished checking the merchandise and I neatly packaged the ingredients once again. "You do know that if it wasn't for your grandmother I would have liked to have given them a hexing of my own."

"Well that's why she's the Crone, to make sure things like that don't happen," I replied reigning in my amusement because I knew that her threat was incredibly serious and there would have been a war against the Birch's and Heckler's if there hadn't been an intervention. "Now forgive me for straying away from the subject, but Gran was telling me that you had a Were visit your healing shop, and I wondered if you would need to stock up on some Wolfsbane?"

"No, that particular case was just making sure his spiritual being was in order." She laughed, her head shaking in amusement and I continued to keep the smile on my face to placate her. "But I think I would like to get some anyway just in case."

I nodded and walked around the counter to the part of the little store that had a batch of the herb and scooped some up into a bag without asking how much she would need since, because she was a repeat customer, I already knew how much of it she would request.

"I think just ten of them will do," She spoke up when I started to tie the knot on the bag and I couldn't hide my amusement this time.

"Don't worry Mrs Birch, that's the exact amount in there." I smiled walking to the counter and putting it down next to her other items.

"Oh how smart you are. You should have gone away to a nice college, not that horrible community one they have here." The elderly woman shook her head and I made sure my hair covered my face while I totalled up her bill so that I could gather my composure.