10 - Cathy

10

….

Cathy

Cathy opened the door to her apartment and stopped before she walked any further. Mina was sitting on the kitchen counter and she was laughing aloud looking at her phone.

“What’s so funny?” Cathy asked Mina and decided to come in after all.

“Vine videos, insane stuff” Mina put her phone down and got up. “Can you ever forgive me?” she recalled how she had to leave Cathy at the shop for work.

“I don’t have a choice, after all you are my roommate you know”

“I know” Mina smiled relieved.

“I guess it was kind of good that you left me alone” Cathy confessed.

“Oh really? Could you finally find the perfect dress without me?”

“Yeah I did but I got it free” Cathy started to play with the clothing bag she had got inside the apartment.

“Oh, is it? That’s St Claire bag, wait a minute. Did you buy a dress from St Claire? Do you have any clue how expensive it is? How rich are you?” Mina pounced on Cathy.

“Relax, I’m not that rich and I said I got it for free, remember?”

“Oh my god! That’s not possible; St Claire’s doesn’t do charity.”

“Oh shut up! I met someone I thought I wouldn’t meet again”

“CARTER!” Mina guessed it one shot and leaned in closer towards Cathy from where she was seated.

“Yea, he apparently lives in the same neighbourhood as me. I mean it’s so weird… First Max and now Carter I guess I shouldn’t have shifted in the first place”

“What are the chances! I can’t believe you met him. Again!”

“And wait till you see the dress he got me” Cathy’s eyebrows rose naughtily. She pulled out the most beautiful dress Mina had ever seen in her life.

“You’ve got to be kidding me. It fucking sexy! You’re going to look like a princess tomorrow...but why did you accept a gift from a stranger? What if he is a gangster or maybe he wants to kidnap you or maybe it a bribe to get your attention?”

“He looks too good to be one of those kinds of people but then again the best looking people are the most dangerous” Cathy shrugged jokingly.

“Yeah and I have something else to tell you” Mina gulped suddenly remembering her bosses name.

“What is it?” Cathy asked while she put the lovely dress back inside the bag.

“My, my um boss’s name, I know what his name is…” Mina was hesitant.

“So? Go on” Cathy tried not to laugh at such a silly thing.

“You won’t believe it and it might not be the same person but I’m not sure” Mina put her arguments forth.

“Tell me!” Cathy stomped while she continued stuffing the dress in the bag.

“His name is Carter” She came right out with the name.

For a second there, Cathy’s hands let go of the bag she was about to carry. She thought if this was possible, if Mina’s boss could be the guy who likes her then things weren’t as she dreamed or thought of. ‘I can’t be dating Mina’s boss’ Cathy thought although she knew she wasn’t dating him but she predicated if she met him again, how awkward it would be.