Chapter 9: Catty Plays Truth Or Scare

Well, it turned out that Batsy could not go to the sleepover, sadly. At first, we thought that she was going to come and join us but she had to babysit some young monsters.
The ghouls and I started to play truth or scare. I knew that it was a very risky game. Venus decided to go first since she was the one who suggested that we should play the game.
"Truth or scare... Cleo!" she grinned, looking at our friend. Cleo seemed a little bit surprised that she had been chosen first.
She replied, "Ugh, I shall not do a scare so, of course, so I chose truth."
Venus asked her, "What is something that you know about Deuce that no one else knows?"
"Um, I don't really know," she moaned.
"Really?" asked Twyla.
Cleo finally sighed, "Okay, fine, I'll tell all of you ghouls. It's dumb but Deuce secretly listens to ballet music and dances around like a ballerina. You ghouls can't tell anyone I told you that, especially him." Wow, that was really funny. I wondered if he also wore a tutu as well when he danced like a ballerina. That was probably going to remain a mystery to me though.
I giggled, "Does he seriously do that?" Cleo nodded her head in embarrassment.
     "Anyway, hmm. Oh, Catty, truth or scare!" she gleamed. Oh no, why oh why did she just have to chose me? Of all of the ghouls there, why did she pick me? What were the odds of that?
     "Uh," I stuttered. Which one should I pick? What seemed less risky? "Truth," I breathed.
Cleo thought and then asked, "What's something that you love so much you can't live without it?"
I thought, Pharaoh.
I said, "Uh, music." Well, it wasn't completely a lie. I didn't even think it was really a lie because I did really like music especially if I was singing it with Pharaoh.
     "Truth or scare... Draculaura!" I chose her.
     "Uh, scare!" she grinned. Was she happy about doing a scare?
     I told her, "I scare you to braid your hair and keep it like that for the rest of the game." My ghoulfrinds all started to laugh for some reason. "What's so funny?"
"Is that really the date you're giving her?" asked Clawdeen.
I frowned, "I'm sorry, is there something wrong?"
"Aw mate," Lagoona smiled, "They just think that's not a tough enough dare. That's okay though, don't worry about it. They just want to be challenged with something risky."
"Oh, alright then." I replied. Draculaura began to braid her hair.
Eventually, the wheel came back to me and it was my turn again. Howleen was asking me to chose truth or scare. I chose scare this time.
"I scare you to call up Pharaoh and tell him that you just wanna kiss him!" Howleen puckered up her lips and made a kissy sound.
I rolled my eyes, "Ugh, fine I guess." I called up my lover although I was all embarrassed. I put the phone on speaker so everyone else could hear.
"Hey Catty! Aren't you at that sleepover?" my heart was beating and I felt my face go hot as he spoke.
I nodded although he couldn't see me nodding, "Yes, yeah I am but I just wanted to say something really quick."
"Sure, what is it, babe?" he asked me.
"Uh," I stuttered, "I, um, I just wanna kiss you!"
To my surprise, he said back, "Yeah, I just wanna kiss you too. I miss you Catty and I wish I could come to Monster High with you."
"Aw, how sweet!" Draculaura whispered.
     "Did someone just," Pharaoh asked, suspiciously, "whisper that something is sweet or whatever?"
     My eyes went wide, "No, not at all! Pharaoh, I do have to talk to you later though because I'm going to fang out with my ghoulfriends now. Goodnight, I love and miss you."
     "I love and miss you too, honey!" his jolly and sweet voice replied. Ah, every time I talked to him felt like a dream.
     "Ooh, ghoul, you guys are madly in love!" Iris squealed.
     Howleen stood up and put her hands in the air, "You two lovebirds are hashtag relationship goals!" Everyone started to giggle, even I did.
     "I have to admit, that was sort of funny," I grinned slightly.
     "I know," Howleen confidently sat back down. "So Catty, who's next?"
     "Uh," who should I chose? I thought long and hard. Finally, I said, "Abbey, truth or scare?"
     She replied, "Scare. Let's see if you chose a more icy scare."
"Uh," I thought about what I could scare her to do. Wait, I got it! I knew that Heath Burns had the hots for her. "Call up Heath and ask him out."
"What? Are you sure?" Abbey asked.
I nodded, "Yes, I am. You wanted something more 'icy' as you say it."
     Abbey shrugged, "I will call Heath." She called him up and put the phone on speaker. "Heath Burns, want to go out?"
     "Do you mean like a date?" Heath asked excitedly.
     Abbey nodded, "Yes, a date."
     "Oh yeah! I have always waited for you to ask me that!" Heath tried to sound all tough to empress her.
     "Don't push it," Abbey replied and then hung up the phone. "There you go. Icy dare is done. Have to admit, date may be fun."
     "Ooh," Venus smiled, "You guys might fall in love!" She clasped her hands together.
     "Like I said to Heath, don't push it," Abbey stated and the rest of us laughed.
Truth or scare was fun but eventually, some of us got tired so we went to sleep. Well, everyone else went to sleep. I couldn't though. That was because I couldn't stop thinking of Pharaoh, of course. I missed him. What if he did find another ghoulfriend or something and just wasn't telling me?
Those thoughts haunted me all the way until I drifted off into a deep, nice, and peaceful sleep.