Chapter Thirty-Three

Logan frowned. That was the hardest thing he'd ever done, lying to Faith with a fake  expression.

It was true he didn't believe they were soul mates. It was not true however, that he hated her. But he loves Nikole, Faith needs to move on.

The door opened and a teary eyed Nikole walked in.

"Logan." She whispered, choking up.

"Nikole?" He said, surprised.

"Nancy called me. I was so scared, I thought we lost you baby." She cried.

Logan opened his arms. She rushed to him and gently laid beside him and cried.

"Oh Logan, I love you so damn much. You scared the hell out of me." She sobbed.

"I'm sorry love. I really am. But I'm fine. I promise." He whispered, then started coughing.

"No, you're not. That's twice you've taken a bullet for Faith Thompson. Logan, you died for her! Please tell me the truth when I ask you this, should I be worried about us?"

He sighed. "I know you have every reason to worry, but no Nikole. I love you, you are the women I want to marry."

"You love her Logan." She stated softly.

Logan was silent.

"Please don't tell me you don't Logan. I'm so sick of you lying to me to spare my feelings. I'm not a fool. I see it in your eyes, I hear it when you speak her name. But I'm happy that its me you're choosing to marry. It hurts that she still has a place in your heart, and i know that makes me pitiful but i can't help it." She said quietly.

"I won't lie. I do love Faith. She helped me see the great side of life in one of my darkest times. She is an amazing women Nikki, but she didn't or couldn't accept that I'm a father. You still love me anyways, and you adore my daughter. That means so much to me, words can't explain. My daughter absolutely loves you, and so do I. I would be crazy to throw away what we have for an old love." He said, his breath coming out ragged.

"I love you Logan. I can't wait to become Nikole Slater."

Logan smiled, "Say that again."

"Nikole Slater." She giggled, then gently kissed his lips.

"oh beautiful Nikole, how did I become so lucky to have you in my life?"

She laughed and kissed him again. A long passionate kiss. He missed her, a lot.