Chapter Five

Two hours later my hair was curled, makeup applied and wearing a pink summer dress. My nails matched my dress and i was wearing my pink flip flops with the jeweled cross on them.

I walked downstairs and my mom stopped chewing her food. She loomed at me and whistled.

"Look at you hot stuff! Where are you going looking like that?" She smiled real big.

I smiled and blushed, "Logan Slater asked me on a date. So dont wait up." I lied.

"Awww my baby girls all grown up going on her first date! Let me get a picture!" She shrieked getting up from the table. I laughed smiling.

"Mom, its just a date." I mumbled.

She snapped a picture as the doorbell rang.

"Bye mom."

I walked outside and logans eyes got wide.

"What? Is it too much?" I ask nervously.

"Too much? Are you kidding me? You're gorgeous Faith." He whispered.

I smile and blush. "Thank you."

"No, thank you." He smiles.

I laugh, "For what?"

"For letting me take the most beautiful girl in the school to this party." He grins.

I giggle and he takes my hand leading me to his jeep. Ten minutes later we're pulling into gregs driveway.

"Logan.." I whisper as we're walking up to the door.

"Whats wrong faith?" He asks.

"I dont know if I can do this." I mumble.

"Faith, its going to be fun. I promise."

"Please dont let me get too drunk. What if people dont like me?" I ask, nearly hyperventilating.

"Hey, Faith. You're with me, nobody is going to mess with you. I promise, I'll take care of you. Ok? Theyre going to love you, you were born to stand out, to shine. Im going to make you see that tonight." He says, lightly squeezing my hand for comfort.

I smile and nod, oddly enough i feel safe with logan. He opens the door and everyone turns to look at us. Then it turns to staring.

"Logan, what are they looking at?" I whisper.

"The most beautiful girl in the school." He grins and kisses my hand. My heart pounds. "Come on Faith. I'll introduce you to everyone." He smiles.