Chapter 14

• Dedicated to Who ever is reading this right now!

I gasp. Five left. Six killed in the tsunami.

Jame, me, Horsha, Orchid and Smoke.

Taigo and Hickleberry must be dead.

I push my feelings aside.

Orchid looks at me with hate in her eyes. I return her hate.

Need to make a good show.

Then a small parachute falls into the middle of the clearing. I glance at the other tributes, but Smoke has already grabs it. He throws a knife at Orchid. She ducks.

Smoke returns to me, then grabs my hand, and flees. I don't look back, but I can feel the hate from Orchids eyes burning into my back.

We sprint, dodging knives and arrows.

I run my fastest, but my fastest doesn't seem to work for Smoke.

He grabs my arms and throws me over his shoulder. He's panting and sweating.

I take this opportunity to look back. Orchid is aiming her bow, Jame is fighting with....my brother! He's alive! He looks my way, with hurt filled eyes. I aim my knife and throw it hard at Jame. Jame catches it. He catches it. He shouts thanks and stabs my brother. "No!" I shout. But there's no Cannon. he's not dead. Yet.

I leap off Smokes back and sprint towards the clearing, and grab a branch from the floor.

I run and stab it though Jame's back. He screams in pain and falls onto the floor.

The Cannon fires.

I sigh in relief. Orchid runs at me with her arrow.

"You! You betrayed us! Now Taigo is dead and its all you fault!" She sobs and thrusts the arrow into my leg.

I ignore the pain in my leg and hobble back to Smoke, who is aiming his bow at Orchids head.

"No! Stop!" I pull at his arm, but he's too strong. He releases his bow and Orchid ducks.

However, not only my brother is standing behind, but Taigo and Hickleberry too.

***

"Taigo!" I scream and run towards him. Tears spring to my eyes and I leap into his wet arms. He caresses my hair.

"I'm alive...shhh..."

"Y-y-y-y....." I cry.

Orchid runs towards us aswell.

Everything seems so perfect.

All of us together.

No one bad left.

Then suddenly I hear something that sounds like buzzing, but the look in Taigo's eye tells me that its not bees, as the sound becomes clearer and I realise that its growling.

***

"Mutts!" Smoke shouts, and he grabs me. He's running so quickly and so are the others, Taigo carrying Orchid and my brother and Hickleberry speeding ahead.

I look back to see the massive wolves gaining on us.

"Faster!" I scream, and Smoke picks up his pace.

Taigo and Orchid are falling behind.

"Taigo, Orchid, you'll be faster if you're running singely!" I scream, so Taigo drops Orchid and they catch up with me and Smoke.

I shuffle off his back and start running myself.

Gosh, this must be a good show.