Chapter 7

"You!" My tears turn to anger. I still hate her. I angrily storm over to Bella.

"Oh my, what a heart touching interview. Please win little one." Smile, knowing that my brother must, and if not him, Taigo.

"I'll try my best." She hugs me,

"Lets watch your brother," My brother sits and smiles.

"Hello Horsha!"

"Hello Wills!"

"How are you today?"

"A bit shakey, but pretty well, and yourself?"

"Feeling pretty as a peach." Horsha laughs. Only I could tell that it's fake.

"Horsha, so, I'm not going to talk about family... after the incident with Newsalie! So lets talk about you more. How are you feeling about going into the arena?"

"Well. I'm not looking forward to it." The audience laughs and so does Wills.

"I wouldn't think you would be! So if you could say one thing to the other tributes, what would you say? Good luck, farewell..?"

"If you kill my sister, I'm gonna kil you."

I gasp. He continues. "That's exactly what I would say. I want her to win. Not me. I'll do anything to protect her. She's the only family I've got left." His eyes shine with tears. The camera zooms in on his face. The audience lets out a huge 'ah' Everything grows blurry as my tears, too, begin to shine with tears. I blink. One solitary tear runs down my cheek. One solitary tear.

One last one.

I'm not going to cry anymore. I'm cried out now.

After a while, the buzzer sounds and Horsha is dismissed. We take the elevator up to our floor. Bella and Carla wait for us. Bella says her goodbyes and the leaves.

"OK, Carla. Give us good advice. Then go. Got it?" Horsha hisses harshly.

"OK." Carla gulps and then continues, "Hide. Find some place safe. Stay alive until the last minute, where you can then go ahead and kill the remaining people. Then one of you two will have to sacrifice your self."

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Poisonous berry, knife, just one will have to die."

"What if we refuse? What if we won't kill ourselves?"

"Ah, well the game wouldn't be fun if there wasn't any challenges would it?"

"Challenges?" Horsha spits.

"I say no more. One of you might not even have to sacrafice your self..."

"What do you mean?" I blurt out.

"This Hunger Games is like no other. Just remember that, OK?" She glances at her watch. "Gotta run! Goodbye!" She runs off. I try to make sense of her words.

Maybe we won't have to sacrafice ourselves?

Maybe we can both win?

Like Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark? But....

Maybe Horsha will figure it out.

I head to my Quatres and collapse on my bed.

This Hunger Games is like no other...

Her words drift though my head. I push the covers off me and try to get comfy.

No luck. So I try sleeping on the floor.

Nope.

I walk to the elevator and click seven. I tiptoe into Orchid's room. Her lights are off.

"Orchid?" She sits up suddenly.

"Ahh! Newsalie you scared me! W-what are you doing here?"

"I couldn't sleep."

"And..."

"I just wanted to say good luck for tomorrow."

"Cool. You too." She yawns.

"I'll go now. Goodnight, Orchid."

She mutters something in reply, which I can't make out. I return to level four and go to my brothers room.

He's still wide awake. I run over to him and realise why.

His face is covered in blood. I can just make out scratches underneath his left eye.

"Who did this!?" I ask but I already know the answer,

Carla.

Carla Suppa.