The attack on the day of reckoning

Chapter 12 The attack on the day of reckoning

Dart's PoV

Upon waking I discovered that it was the day of reckoning that is if my mate was healed enough to undertake the perilous journey into the astral plane. For he'd be the first true mortal to actually set foot body and soul into the spirit realms. Though there was no telling how his body would react to stepping over the bounds of the mortal and spirit realms. Realizing that I was the first one up I quietly slipped out of bed silent as a ghost padding over to the kitchenette putting on coffee for my mate and everyone else. Now padding back over to my mates bedside I laid a cigarette taking one for my self while I was at it. Lighting the death stick up I was well on my way out the door heading up the stairs down the hallway through the lobby and soon I was outside. Taking a deep breath I threw the cigarette aside realizing that I had smoked the entire thing. Just as I had thrown the butt of the cigarette away I had broke into a jog soon reaching the end of the parking lot shifting into my dragon form with ease taking flight. Gaining altitude banking into a graceful turn flying in a 5 mile radious around the hotel making sure all was safe and sound for our departure assuming that my mate was ready for the journey. Seeing nor sensing any malevolent entities I circled back down to the parking lot shifting back into my human form starting the short trek back to the room.

When I had finally returned to the room I heard a strange commotion coming from the other side of the door. Not waiting a second more shifting my humanoid form of my dragon busting the door down making everyone in the room freeze and my mate ran to me hiding behind my massive form. Damn I said under my breath now noticing that the room was wrecked and Angelo Lok were transformed into their supernatural forms. Angelo was in his wolf form and no he wasnt anything like the twilight werewolves he stood on two legs. With his deep black fur that was apparently splashed with blood of all three beings in the room. His eyes were a deep icy blue almost silver and his fangs were long sharp & clearly dangerous. His tail was swishing in a highly agitated state and his hackles raised. Lok looked much like I did at the moment with head shaped like that of a small western dragon tail and claws of course. Her scales shined brightly in their fire red splashed with icy blue was a sight to look at every time. But it was the next person that I spotted that pissed me off for even trying to get near my mate and family. Yes I considered Lok and Angelo family now even though they werent of my blood. Breaking free of my reverie I launched my self at the enemy which was none of other than Black Diamonds. Grabbing him by the throat roaring I slammed him to the ground knocking the wind out of him not caring about getting information from him or not. Aiming my other claw at his heart and was about to deal the final blow when he all but vanished. Appearing right behind Angelo & Lok and was about to strike them with a spell as I sensed the energy building. But apparently they sensed it to turning around on black with a well aimed kick to Black's chest launching themselves at him in tandum slashing their sharp dagger like claws down Black's chest. Pushing Black further into the room only to land on and break an inn table by the bed with thunderous snap that sounded like he had broke his back. I was about to launch myself into another attack on Black when all of a sudden he was gone like he was never there in the first place with his last words echoing in the room. "I shall be back to reclaim the dark tome as well as kill that poor excuse of a prince. Enjoy your respit!" When his words ceased I ran to my mate to make sure he was un harmed. Looking him over I saw no further injuries other than the ones he was still healing from.

* * *

Drake's PoV

That night I slept peacefully for the first time since my ordeal even though I remember nothing of it. All I knew was that my mate had rescued me and was now sleeping next to me holding me in his strong arms. Next thing I knew was that it was morning and my mate was gone causing me to panic a bit until. I realized that Dart had put on the coffee and laid a cigarette out for me on my inn table along with my favorite lighter. Reaching over I picked it up placing it to my lips lighting it inhaling the initial drag woke me up a bit despite it irritating my throat. Despite still being tired and weak still I slid out of bed staggering over to the kitchenette for coffee while holding onto everything I could along the way to keep me upright. The next thing I knew was that Lok'amir was standing next to me while silently cursing myself for making to much noise. "My Prince are you alright do you require assitance?" She questioned me kindly with a form of respect that I wasnt used to so naturally I responded back to her. "Please just call me Drake or Drakkii theres no need for formalities when you speak to me. But yes I could use a bit of help walking over to get my coffee seeing as I didnt get it the night before." With that being said she just smiled putting my arm around her waist seeing as she was a little taller than my 5'7 walking me over to the kitchenette. As soon as we reached it I let go of her waist balancing myself against the counter grabbing a coffee cup. Just as she reached for it taking it fro my grasp setting it down then she picked me up and placed me on one of the bar stools. Which was something that I wasnt expecting and to tell the truth I was quite surprised cause I just wasnt used to people helping me without me first asking for help. Seeing her now pouring the coffee for me I noticed that she was preparing it how I liked thinking that Dart must of told her how I liked my coffee at some point. Once she was done she handed me the mug full of creamy mocha goodness from which I sipped from it happily which earned me a warm smile from Lok'amir making me smile in turn. The next thing I knew was that a pair of rough male hands were covering my eyes along with the guess who that was uttered in turn. Though I honestly didnt know who he was I had heard his name at some point along with his voice so I voiced my guess. "Is it Angelo Lok'amir's mate?" I had questioned curiously earning me a glare from Lok'amir and a chuckle from Angelo like seriously who chuckled anymore. "Yes its me and its nice to finally meet you Drake Dart has told me all about you." But before I could respond our happy moment was shattered when a deafening explosion had sounded from the middle of the room. Which scared the living daylights out of me causing me to duck for cover by diving under the counter that I was sitting at. While Lok'amir and Angelo shifted into their supernatural forms making me gasp because Lok'amir and Angelo were a sight to truly behold. Angelo was now covered in dark black fur sporting a wolves head that held icy blue eyes and his claws were shiny and looked very shiny. Though I had expected him to actually look like a four legged wolf instead of a humanoid one like out of all the classic horror films. Where Lok'amir looked much like I did when I had first shifted into my humanoid dragon form save that her head actually looked like that of a dragons where mine had not when I first shifted. Thinking to myself that I couldn't wait until I was able to do that it was really that cool but I shook the thoughts from my head now looking at where the explosion had came from. Where my gaze fell on a one armed man with one of the darkest auras that I have ever seen and I was scared because for some reason I knew what he was here for. He was here to kill me and to steal something what it was that he wanted to steal eluded me probably due to my fear.