Chapter 5

Well, here it is guys! 

UNEDITED.

_________________________________________________________

The sun rose with Ava still sitting on the swing. Dmitri went inside before it rose. She sighed as she thought about everything that happened in the past two day.

She was taken from the hospital with Liam, her mate, apparently. She was kept in a house, a very old Victorian house. Escaped. Ended up with vampires. Could these past two days get better?

Ava sighed and stood up, she looked at the house. It was new, different though. The windows were tinted, most likely so they could move around in the daylight if they wanted to. She sighed walking back towards the door.

Staying here for a day or two wouldn’t hurt anything… Right? Ava opened the door when she reached it and walked in closing it. Dmitri wasn’t in her sight.

Ava swiftly wrote a note. It read:

Dmitri,

I’ve gone home. Don’t worry about me I’m safe. I’ll come visit you in two days.

Ava

Walking out the humongous reddish-brown door she made her down the driveway. Sighing she looked around. “Right outside of town. I can make this walk!” She wanted to sound happy but that wasn’t possible.

A long walk, that’s what she was in for. As she started her walk towards town she looked around at the leaves on the tree. Fall was coming faster then she thought. Running her pale hand through her jet-black hair she smiled. Red, orange, and yellow leaves were on the side of the road.

Bending over Ava grabbed a red-brown leaf, a red leaf, a yellow leaf, and an orange leaf. Inspecting them she smiled a bit. “They’re beautiful,” she said and looked up hearing a bizarre noise coming from the woods in front of her.

Trying to figure out what the sound was she moved closer. You see Ava was a very curious woman. She couldn’t see into the woods, it was pitch black inside those woods. It was strange because it was dawn. The sun was rising and so shouldn’t there be some light inside those woods?

She heard the bizarre noise again, closer this time. She stepped back as a huge white wolf with reddish brown streaks on its fur. She fell to the ground stunned. Behind it two smaller wolves poked their heads out.

The white wolf with the reddish brown streaks walked over to her and bowed its head. Ava was amazed that such a magnificent animal would bow its head to her. She got onto her knees and reached a hand out to the wolf. She placed her hand atop of its head.

Ava did a project on wolves in middle school. She remembered reading that wolves only bowed their head in submission to higher wolves in the pack. Her left hand flew to her mouth. This wolf must be able to smell something or sense something that others couldn’t.

Turning she continued to walk along the highway, she watched as cars passed her. She looked back towards where the wolf had been and noticed that it was gone. She sighed in slight relief but also in sadness. Ava realized that she’d never get another chance like that unless she went back to Liam and his crazy friends.

Ava now wished that she had her phone with its GPS system on it. It was taking a while for her to get to town. She hadn’t turned the wrong way had she? Ava looked at the woods and blinked seeing movement.

The wolf, her conscience told her.

Ava smiled a bit, she felt as if the wolf was protecting her. She looked down the road feeling confident that she would be able to make this walk again. Just as she was about to start walking again a black car that was shining pulled up to her. She suddenly had the urge to run.

As the window rolled down she saw the familiar grey haired, blue eyed man. “Jonathan,” she said a bit breathlessly.

“You smell like death Ava,” he said as his nose scrunched up in disgust.

“Death? How can someone smell like death?” She asked in slightly annoyed that she was found already. She smelled like death? Does he mean like old people or like the inside of a funeral home?

Jonathan shook his head, “Never mind that, get in the car. I’ll take you to your house and we will talk about some things that will most certainly catch your attention.”

Ava frowned, “Why should I get into this car? I just want to be left alone! I refuse to be apart of your crazy world! I’m only 23 years old! I have a whole life to live! Because of Liam and Luke I most likely got fired from my job that I needed to pay rent with!”

Jonathan was surprised with her abruptness. It took him a couple seconds to recover, “Ava, you’re apart of our world now no matter what. I know it seems crazy and scary at first, but you are mates to one of the most powerful werewolves in the world. Liam will come looking for you.”

Ava bit her bottom lip, she did this when she was thinking hard or just trying to figure out what to do. After a minute or so she sighed, “Jonathan, if I get into this car with you and you take me anywhere but my apartment I will never forgive you.”

Jonathan looked at her trying to figure out what she was thinking when she decided that. “I’ll be taking you home and explaining some… Things to you. I will not take you anywhere else but your Apartment,” he said strongly.

Nodding her head she turned towards the woods, “Bye wolf!” She called out and then hurried to the passenger side door. Smiling she opened the door and got into the car and looked at Jonathan, “There was a white wolf with reddish brown streaks following me.”

Jonathan started driving as she started to talk. He almost drove the car off the road. He knew that wolf. “Did it have two pups with it?” He choked out. Ava nodded her head confused. “Ava… That was the Great Luna. She revealed her self to you.”

__________________________________________________________

Hey everyone! Sorry that this chapter was so late! I can’t believe I made you all wait. But I do have classes and a babysitting job. I hope you enjoyed the chapter as much as I did while writing it. I swear… Ava is trying to take me over and get me to start writing more…

~Lila