Chapter 4

This chapter was completed by me listening to the song... Ants by Edit!

Editied! Any mistakes are mine alone.

________________________________________________

The drive was quiet now. Ava had turned on the radio as she started to hum to the beat. She watched as the trees passed by her fast, she smiled a little. She was no longer in the werewolf’s house.

Dmitri noticed that Ava had smelt like the wolves. She was human though, so why did she smell like wolves? He shook his head as he pulled up to his house. “Ava… Can you walk home from here?” He asked her.

Ava was sleeping; she was tired after her nightmare. Dmitri sighed and got out the car and was by her car door and opened it. He leaned over and unbuckled her seat belt and picked her up.

Dmitri made his way inside the house and licked his lips. She smelt good but… She couldn’t be with him. He… After all was a vampire. She was human; he would never take her soul away from any human being.

As he walked into his living room he groaned when he spotted Fenir. “What are you doing here?” He asked him.

Fenir shot up when he spotted Ava. “Why do you have her with you?” Fenir said and started pacing.

“She needed a ride. So I gave her one. She fell a sleep in the car,” he said and looked at him like he was insane. “Why? What’s wrong?”

“Go put her in your room and I shall tell you,” he said and ran a hand through his hair. Dmitri nodded and did as he was told. Coming back down stairs Fenir sat down.

“Ava Silver Mead. She’s my daughter from when I was human. I was going through the transformation when my wife got pregnant with her. I left when I found out that she was pregnant and what I was..”

Dmitri looked towards the stairs, “Oh my god… What did you do?”

“I went back when she was about six or seven… She looked so much like her Mother. I ended up going inside and my wife called me a monster. I then told Ava to go outside. I ended up killing her Mother,” Fenir said and looked at Dmitri. “I then told her to run. That our kind knew about her. They wanted to kill her.”

Dmitri sighed, “So she’s your daughter from when you were going through your transformation… Does that mean that she has the potential to complete the change?”

Most females didn’t complete the change, no one knew why.. But for some reason they just… Died at the final stage. That’s why there are only about… 100 vampire females.

Dmitri sighed and nodded, “Maybe… Maybe we should go get the little oracle.. Ask her about her?” Fenir suggest. Nodding Dmitri licked his lips. “Right.. I’ll go call he-“

The front door opened as a little girl walked in, “No need to call me, for I’m already here. Let me see the girl,” she said and smiled. Dmitri stood up and nodded.

“She’s right up stairs Leona,” he said and led her upstairs. When he opened his door Leona gasped.

“She’s the one!” She said a bit too loudly. Ava turned and opened her eyes.

“I’m the one?” She mumbled sleepily.

“The one who will save or kill off the human race. Ava the destroyer or Ava the peace bringer…” she said and smiled at her. “You will do great things Ava Silver Mead.”

With that Leona walked out the door and was gone.

Ava shook her head and stood up. “So… I will do great things… Great…” She walked out the door and went down stairs. She stopped when she spotted Fenir. “Padre…” She whispered.

Fenir nodded, “Yes… Mia Figlia…” He said and walked over to her.

“Vampire… Monstro as my Mother called you,” Ava said to him and licked her chapped lips. “What do you want Padre?”

“I want you to understand that I had no choice but to kill your Mother and tell you to run. It’s the only thing that kept you safe, Mia Figlia.”

Ava scoffed and walked away from him. She found the back door and opened the door. She smiled as she saw the beautiful garden. Flowers everywhere; a small path leading towards a gazebo. She smiled and followed the path to the Gazebo.

She walked up the stairs and smiled. “A swing!” She gasped. Ava wasn’t expecting the swing. She ran a hand over the smooth surface and smiled as she sat down on it. She swung back and fourth on it sighing.

Dmitri watched Ava from his window. He wanted to look into her eyes, there was something special about her. Why can’t he stop thinking about her? He turned and started making his way to the back door. He was on the path before it and was standing in front of her.

“Mind if I join you?” He asked her.

I want to run my hands through her jet-black hair… Whoa! Dmitri! No… You just want to look into her eyes.

She nodded not saying anything at all, he sat down before she changed her mind. “Why don’t you tell me what’s going on?”

Ava looked at him, “You really want to know?” He nodded and smiled at her. “Fine… I’ll tell you.”

“My dead beat Dad is a vampire. I’m apparently a werewolf’s mate. To top it off… I’m supposed to do great things? That’s what’s going on with me. What about you Dmitri? What’s going on with you?”

Dmitri blinked and before he knew it his hand was on her chin lifting her head up to his. When he saw her very blue eyes he smiled and kissed her forehead. “Don’t worry Ava, it’ll all clear up.” How on earth can she be a mutt’s mate!

Ava shook her head and closed her eyes, “Let’s just not talk and just swing…”

Dmitri nodded and shut up. He looked up and licked his lips. The sun would be up soon. He stood up and walked inside leaving her out there. He sighed and looked out the window out at her.

__________________________________________________

There you have it! Sorry for the wait. But I finally have this chapter done!

-Lila

P.S. I’m officially 17!