Chapter Five: When, a friend knocks

When, a friend knocks

~Amelia 

Hearing a knock on my door caused my heart to skip a beat. This time I knew it wasn't a serial killer; I was still a little shaky despite that knowledge.

After hesitating, I unlocked the door, thrust it open and there was Luke standing right on my porch grinning from ear to ear.  

My breath hitched in my throat. He was smiling in a way that made me weak to my knees. Luckily for me I was holding on to the door frame. HIs white teeth seemed even whiter in the intense light on the sun.

“Really? His smile? Amelia, don’t forget what this jerk did to you this afternoon.” The female voice whispered in my head and I sighed. She was right, just because he’s practically an Adonis I couldn’t let him off the hook.

‘Remember what he did this afternoon.’ I reminded myself as I stared into his piercing hazel eyes. He slowly ruffled his hair and bit his lip. I swear he was doing this to torture me.

His face splitting grin gradually changed into a smirk, I had been staring at his beauty too long.

“I’m just staring at you because I hate you so much now.”

“Yep, that’s why you’re staring at me. It’s not because I’m like a gift to women or anything like that.”

There is no way those words came out of his mouth. He was lucky he was good looking or I would have punched him. He began to laugh and grin again.

This guy had some nerve. How dare he grin like a Cheshire cat and make stupid jokes after he almost gave me a heart attack? I could have died; I seriously could have died.

“Why did you do that to me? I could have died you idiot.” It came out harsher than I intended but at least I got the point out.

He rolled his eyes at me and snorted, "Please Mia, paranoid much?”

“Excuse me?” I yelled after he walked into my house into my house without being invited in. Of course I rolled my eyes at him as I turned around to face him. He was now sitting on the comfortable black leather couch. 

Wow, such a douche bag. Why was it that every guy I had a crush on turned out to be the clichéd, bad-boy player? Was there a neon sign on my head that said ‘Open for all bad-boys. Please come and break my heart.’ It seemed like that sometimes.

I sighed and pouted my lips before I questioned him, "How could you do that to me?"

"Just admit you're paranoid!" he said ignoring my question. I guess it would help to admit it. There was nothing I hated more than being wrong, besides being scared half to death! I didn’t want this to happen to me ever again.

“You are such a freak!" I said as I returned the gun to its rightful place. Slowly I turned around and to face him. He looked shocked but he quickly recovered. 

"A gun? Are you freaking serious Mia? Just admit you're paranoid!" 

"Yeah, I guess I am!" I whispered.

“What was that?”

“Luke, you heard me. Don’t be an asshole. I guess I am. I am not saying it again.”

"Finally, now was that hard?" He asked while grinning at me, clearly pleased with his work.

Instead of making him happier I just shrugged, “Nope it wasn’t hard at all. Tell me how did you do that terrifying voice?" I asked. I really wanted to know. It sounded nothing like him, nothing like him at all. 

"Changing a voice is easy. I’m a pretty awesome actor don’t you think?” Luke asked sounding proud. I huffed and sat on the couch next to him. "So on a scale of 1-10 how scared do you think you were?" Luke asked me. 

"Nope… I think you’re pretty mediocre. I would say a hundred. Obviously, you really scared me. You really, really freaked me out. Not cool dude! I'm getting you back. Just so you know!" I said with every intention to get him back.

I would have to think long and hard. It wasn't revenge. Nope, I was simply going to let him taste his own medicine because he asked for it. You reap what you sow.

It’s not my fault his harvest is rotten. It's not my fault the medicine he likes to serve tasted terrible. 

"Whatever.” He murmured while rolling his eyes at me. “Don’t question my mad acting skills.” Someone seemed to have caught feelings and I knew he would. He took his acting seriously. “That's interesting! You're going to get me back? Okay, cool! By the way your jokes were really funny. I think I almost slipped up by giggling," he said. “Didn't your mother ever tell you not to play with your victims was Classic!”

"So I did hear a giggle." I said and we laughed about what happened today —well he laughed— I just sat their wondering why we're friends in the first place.

Don't get me wrong! Luke is a nice friend when he's not pranking you! He's merciless as you can see, he pranks even his closest friends —we're not that close just in case you didn't catch that— we're just friends. 

Luke played all kind of pranks on people. The pranks were Hilarious but not when you're the one being pranked. We'll see how much he'll laugh when I get him back! 

 ~~~Author’s Note~~~

Hey there! Surprise Update right here! I hope it makes you think more about the story and where it’s headed. Listen, I am so sorry about not updating. My school life has gotten hectic! I need a break —any way back to business.  

As usual, If you spot any problems with the text please tell me, I love feedback and I always try to listen. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed re-writing it. Thank you for your support if you read and voted for the last chapter. Please don't stop supporting me if you like it. 

Please don't forget to ADD this to your reading list if you like it.

Please don't forget to VOTE for this if you like it.

Please don't forget to COMMENT. I'd really like to know your opinion. So don't be afraid to speak your mind, it would be awesome.

Question of the Chapter: *What do think about Luke?*

Song Suggestion: Begin Again by Measure 

"Begin again. You're no calender. You're no concrete plan." - Measure 

Next Update: Some time soon! 

~Much Love Ally