Simulation Manipulation

- Chapter Twelve -

You were standing in the back with Mr. Davenport, as you watched Chase's team try and take down the exoskeleton. The exoskeleton shot blue laser beams, as it walked forward towards Chase's team, which where they were hiding.

"The exoskeleton's gone rouge. We have to take it down before it destroys the whole academy," Chase explained to his team, as he pressed himself against the wall.

Chase's team then began to walk forward as Chase began speaking, "You're doing it wrong. Wait for my command before you attack."

Then the team ducked behind cover, as the exoskeleton continued to shoot.

"Why aren't you attacking?" Chase asked, as the team moved forward, "Well don't do it now. Retreat, retreat," then the whole team got shot, "Great. My team is down. My team is down!" Chase threw his arms up in frustration.

"Well, I think we can all agree that's not how you take down an exoskeleton," Mr. Davenport smiled shrugging, as you stood beside Adam.

"C'mon, give us one more shot," Chase stated.

"I'm sorry Chase. This combat simulation was to test your students' progress, and as much as it pains me, I'm going to have to give your team a big F," Mr. Davenport informed, "Oh who am I kidding? This doesn't hurt at all."

"It's called failure, Chase. Let me spell it out for you. F..." Adam stopped to think as Chase waited, as you rolled your eyes, "You know, on a second thought, you spell it out for me."

Adam then walked back to his team as you chuckled slightly, "Well, that must have been embarrassing."

~~~~~

"I can't believe you guys messed up the combat simulation. What was the first thing I taught you? Do as I say, and do as I say," Chase explained, motioning with his hands.

"Good pep talk," Mr. Davenport stated, walking away as you leaned against the wall, "Adam, your team's up."

"Okay guys, what's the first thing I taught you?" Adam asked.

"Don't be like Chase!" his team shouted, as you rose a brow in amusement.

Then, the exoskeleton started to shoot, casing Adam's team to duck for cover.

"Okay, let's do what we do," Adam nodded, "Now!"

Then his team pushed a piece of equipment, causing it to fly and hit the exoskeleton.

"And that's what we do," Adam held his arms out, as you, Mr. Davenport, and Chase walked forward.

"That was amazing. That was faster than Bree's team last week," Mr. Davenport complimented.

"All I'm hearing is that Chase lost and I'm a better teacher," Adam smirked.

"No way. You are not a better teacher then I am," Chase said, as he stepped up to Adam.

"I smell rivalry," you mumbled, as Mr. Davenport nodded.

"Calm down, dude. You've got plenty of other things to be proud of. Once we find out what those things are, you're gonna feel a lot better," Adam said, as he held onto Chase's shoulders.

"Look, there's still two more tests to evaluate your students' progress. I'm sure your team will do better on the next one," Mr. Davenport informed motioning to Chase, "It's more cerebral."

"Yes! Me and my brainiacs are gonna take you down," Chase pointed out to Adam.

"You're taunting me and making fun of yourself at the same time. I didn't think that was possible," Adam stated, causing everyone to laugh.