Part 1: Chapter 4: Before the Big Event

It was finally 6:55 and Master Hand was about to start the countdown for five hours until the new tournament began. All the Smashers were still in dinner and they were about to get out. Excitement filled their eyes. Especially the ones back stage. They were all packed in crates so no one could speculate. Unfortunately, a few did and thankfully Crazy Hand protected them. The people in the boxes would later find out that Master Hand didn't even know about the crate idea and Crazy Hand hid that thought until a few minutes ago.

"Ow," said Person in Crate #2, "I got a splinter."

"Get over it," said Person in Crate #13, "You'll get out there soon enough."

"Would you two be quiet," said Person in Crate #7, "We don't want anyone to notice."

"For once," said Person in Crate #8, "I agree with you."

"I'm really feeling it," said Person in Crate #12.

Master Hand and Crazy Hand got to the backstage area.

"I've got to admit," said Master Hand, "This was a good plan."

"Now you recognize my genius brother." said Crazy Hand.

Master Hand sighed and then spoke to Crate #1. "We're going to do the Introduction, then after the clip, I'll signal you and Crazy Hand will escort you on the stage, okay."

"I can't wait," said Crate #1.

"You think you can do that job, Crazy Hand" said Master Hand looking like I can't trust you.

"Of course I can," said Crazy Hand, "Do you think I'm stupid."

"Okay, it's time" said Master Hand.

It was 6:59 and the smashers started filing in. Peach and Zelda exchanged looks. They both hoped there would be new girls or this would be all for nothing. Before dinner, Peach told Master Hand about the slumber party if they're new girls.

"That's a wonderful idea," said Master Hand, "but that doesn't mean that I have to tell you if they're girls or not."

"I know," said Peach, "but I would like you to deliver a secret message after midnight that gets the girls into the elevator which I'll meet them on the top."

"Even if they're girls," said Master Hand, "what should the message be?"

" It would be that there is Free Lemonade outside at the Golf course," said Peach.

"Okay," said Master Hand, "I'll do it if they're any girls."

The dinner announcement arose.

"You don't want to be late, Princess Peach" said Master Hand.

Peach smiled and went to dinner.

Back at the present, Peach sat next to Mario and hoped all would be successful. Crazy Hand gave Person #1 a quick tour while everyone was at the giant theater/kitchen/play/fun room. Crazy Hand showed Person #1 his room.

"Wow," said Person #1, "This looks amazing. I still can't believe Master Hand let you take a tour of the mansion early."

"Yeah," said Crazy Hand, "Me neither."

Crazy Hand thought it was fine to show Person #1 this and they would be back just in time for the name calling.

"We should get back." said Crazy Hand.

"Okay," said Person #1, "Which direction."

Crazy Hand looked at the halls and after 16 years of living here, he still didn't know his way around.

"Uhhhhh," said Crazy Hand.

In backstage, the newcomers were led out of their crates to step near a curtain. Backstage was made to look like a pretty wooden living room with couches with Christmas colors. The furniture was comfy. It has been hard for the newcomers to live without being seen. Person #15 healed Person #2 from the splinter. Person #3 was helping Person #5 with breathing so Person #5's hits were better. Person #10 and Person #11 were talking to each other.

"Do you think they'll find out," said Person #10

"No," said Person #11, "The Hands will never find out."

"I'm not talking about the hands," said Person #10, "I'm talking about Marth and Ike."

"I hope they've decoded it by now," said Person #11, "I did a lot of work making that anagram."

"All you did is made some letters switch around and there you go, Cardinal Bunion" said Person #10.

Person #4 came back from the bathroom and said , "Hey, have you seen _____."

"No," said Person #10, "In fact, I haven't seen Crazy Hand either."

Everyone in the crates heard this and hoped that Person #1 and Crazy Hand would be here soon because the curtain was rising and Master Hand got up and announced the show. Person #1 was the first to be announced.

"This is bad," said Person #10.

bz