Chapter 2: [Naughty Daydream]

The Victorian room was cast in shadows, the only source of light coming from the small candles near the door and window. His eyes came down to examine his hand in wonder, watching as the candlelight flickered against his palm. It was as if he could still feel her soft curls, or recall how each tendril had an intoxicating sweet aroma. Even the delicious taste of her lips haunted him, and made him crave for more.

A mere human had entranced him, he thought with a smile.

He had originally planned to eat her and get rid of this odd curiosity. But in the end it had made him become more perplexed. "I had her in the palm of my hand, and yet..."

With a disgruntled grunt he closed his hand into a fist and let out a frustrated sigh. He realized that he had been so caught up about the human girl that he hadn't noticed the presence beside the door to the study room. "My lord, the queen requests an audience with you this afternoon," the butler bowed as he greeted him. 

"Tell her that I will join her, once I'm done with my afternoon snack," he started to make his way to the door. Noticing as the butler moved away from his incoming figure, with caution and dread. Everyone in this castle was weary of him, he didn't feel like a guest at all. Instead he felt like a beast that they could not comprehend. But what could he expect from demons that are beneath him? 

It was a different reaction compared to his human meals. They all welcomed him with open arms and beckoned him to enjoy their feeble emotions. His mind suddenly started to race with ideas at the very thought of the girl, from last night. It was insane that a simple human was still alive after his touch. But this time he would make sure to get rid of her.

The butler swallowed nervously as he suggested, "Would you care to indulge in the finest ladies of our court? They are unlike the humans, and can offer you more than just energy."

He furrowed his eyebrows and watched as the young man suddenly regretted his words, "You dare suggest that I eat leftovers? Do you even realize who you are speaking to?" It felt like the room had been cast in a bright glow and the floor shook under his careful step.

"No! My lord that is not-" the butler's voice shrieked in shock as his body was suddenly engulfed into dark flames. Flames that slowly started to consume the butler's hideous true form, small wings had sprouted from it's back only to melt away within a second.

"How unfortunate, but I take no suggestions from peasants," with a wicked grin he walked over the burnt ashes. Maybe the servants of this castle were right to fear him. 

~ 💤 ~

Thoughts of last night's dream ran through my mind, along with the frightening evidence on my body. I raised my hand up to my lips and touched the tender texture with my fingertips, his lips still lingered upon them.

There was no way that it was just a dream...

I refuse to believe that it was all a figment of my imagination.

My eyes narrowed when I thought about the two letters on the back of my shoulder, it was almost like they had been carved against my skin. Though they had dissapeared like a burning bite, the marks still ached. They were an aching reminder, that the dream was real. Although I wonder what they stand for?

Could it be possible that the letters represent that man? Did it have a connection to his name? Or was it linked to something else?

I blinked in confusion and shook my head at the growing questions; it was too difficult to answer them when I had no leads. What are the chances that I will even dream about the same man again?