Wanted

A mechanical growl rent the air, and Harvey, hurrying onwards towards the heaving market, glanced back over his shoulder. A motorbike with blinding headlights was spearing through the middle of St. Martin’s Square, nearing the top of the steps; in hot pursuit were two police cars with lights blazing and sirens blaring. Harvey thought the rider of the bike must surely stop before the steps, or face the possibility of crashing on the steep descent. The biker, to his astonishment, accelerated.          

         As the police cars screeched to a stop just shy of the elongated steps, the motorbike soared over the edge, a wingless metal bird with eyes that lanced out white beams and who, considering its weight, seemed to defy the laws of gravity. Rider and bike appeared to move in slow-motion, suspended in mid-air and inching forward, clearing the steps by considerable margins. Harvey, whose feet had carried him along with his attention diverted, found he could not look away. It was a surreal sight, impressive and eerie all bottled together, like watching a Hollywood blockbuster unfolding in real-time. And then, with a clang and a scrape, the motorbike landed on the pavement. On impact the bike bobbed up and down on its tires, sending water spewing in every direction.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Been a long time, but hopefully this will keep you guys interested in Harv'! One of my favourite chapters to write ;)