Chapter 13: Drunken love

She awoke in early day. The light was pouring through the windows of their hotel room, and she was wrapped in his arms. She felt his hand moving softly through her hair, showing that he was awake. She looked up and smiled at him.

"Good morning." She greeted.

"A good morning it is, cara mia." He smiled hugging her close to him. He still smelt of the same cinnamon scent that aroused her senses. She closed her eyes again lightly, trying to shed away the thoughts of the pleasures he had given her the previous night.

"What are you thinking of, Amore?" He asked looking at her with suspicion.

"Oh nothing. Nothing at all." She spoke slightly shaking her head, trying to rid her of the thoughts of him, sweating and groaning above her. He had gotten a hint of what she was thinking of and smiled, biting his tongue. She had looked up to see this, and she knew he had known. Her face heated up and turned a shade of red.

"I know I am tempting cara, but really... You naughty, naughty girl." He spoke in a thick Italian accent. She had never heard him speak as such, which only turned her on more. He watched as her eyes darkened, as if a cloud had come over them. He brought his palm to the side of her face, caressing her cheek with his thumb. His touch thrilled her, even if he wasn't touching her sexually. She let her eyes close. The only thing separating his still naked body from her clothed one was a thin white sheet. He ran his fingertips over her lips.

"How badly do you want me, Sophia?" He asked her.

"Very badly.." She said in a whisper. He lent up and came close to her ear.

"Then take me.." He spoke in a deep, sexual voice. It sent shivers down her spine.

And again, they made love.

After making love with him she found it outstandingly hard to look at him without thinking off the thoughts of him in bed, and when he touched her, her body burned.

They had arrived home at noon. The children rushed to greet them.

"Hello darlings!" Sophia spoke hugging them.

"Auntie Sophia, where is Uncle Nick going?" One of the little voices asked in their hug.

"Oh he has to work, darling. He will be back down soon to play." She spoke watching him walk up the stairs, only to have him look down at her from the railing and smile, throwing her a wink. She blushed.

Later in the evening Nicolas did not come down to play with his Nieces and Nephews, and Sophia had to put them to bed alone. She wondered why he hadn't come down. She made her way to his office, gently knocking before stepping in. It was dark and the only light was coming from his small desk lamp. He looked stressed, his hair messy, and his face strained. She walked over to him when he did not look up at her, she wrapped her arms around him, running her finger tips up his neck.

"Sophia, now is not a good time." He spoke coldly.

"What is the matter Nicolas?" She asked.

"Nothing. Business. That's all." He spoke, shaking his head at the papers on his desk and leaning back. She moved his chair so that he was facing her, and she straddled him. He smiled.

"God I would love to have you now..." He spoke. Since their first time making love it seemed as though they were in desperate need of each other, in desperate need of the pleasure they had brought each other.

"As would I, the children will be leaving soon, and you can have me when, or where ever you want.." She trailed off seductively.

"Oh how you tempt me.." He spoke dropping his gaze to her breasts.

The day had come, and the children had left at around five in the afternoon.

"Nick darling, I'm going to lie down for a while? Alright?" She asked. He nodded.

"That is perfectly fine. I might go out anyway." He spoke.

"To the bar?" She asked. He nodded. She understood, he had been trapped in the house for a week, he deserved a little fun with the guys.

"Alright, have fun then. But please don't get too drunk, yes?" She asked.

"Will do Cara, have a pleasant slumber." He spoke kissing her on the cheek as she made her way up the stairs. Once up she stripped down to one of Nicolas' t-shirts. She slipped into the covers and fell blissfully to sleep.

Hours had passed as she slept. Nicolas had stumbled in half way to wasted. It was almost one in the morning by this time, and with no one there to wake her, Sophia slept. Nicolas made his way to their room. Once he reached the top of the stairs he had to steady himself, then he walked quietly to his bedroom. He opened the door slowly and closed it quietly behind him. In the light of the moon shining through the glass doors leading out to his balcony, he could see her asleep. He kicked off his shoes and climbed on top of her, kissing her neck sloppily and roughly. She let out a moan that aroused him. She slowly opened her eyes.

"Nick?" She questioned into to he darkness.

"Hmm?" He mumbled into her neck, letting his kisses travel further, down to her chest. She could smell the liquor that still lingered on him.

"You are drunk?" She asked. He lifted up the shirt she wore slowly, planting kisses on her stomach.

"I have had a little to drink." He spoke kissing the waistband of her panties. She shuttered.

"Nick, I don't think we should do this now. You're drunk.." She spoke in a whisper.

"Oh hush now darling.." He whispered against her skin.

"No Nicolas, really..." She spoke looking him in the eyes. She didn't know what possessed her to say no to him, but she had. There was something about it she couldn't put a finger on, but she did not want to make love with him when he was drunk. Maybe she was afraid he would hurt her, or that they wouldn't be making love at all.

"And why are you saying no to me?" He asked. There was slight anger in his voice, that chilled her very soul.

"Because- because I am scared you will hurt me...." She whispered. Why was she feeling this way? She had loved and trusted him hadn't she? Maybe it was her past that haunted her. Maybe it was the man before him that scared her. Yes, she was sure now.. It was those old dreadful memories that haunted her so. His expression turned soft as he searched her eyes.

"Why on earth would you think that I would hurt you, Amoré Mio? (My love)" he spoke caressing her cheek as a tear slid down her face.

"There's something I hadn't told you.." She spoke quietly, scared.

"What darling? What is it?" He questioned sincerely.

"Will you be mad at me?"

"Never, Cara."

"Before you, there was a man that I had dated. This was years and years ago. He-he hurt me badly Nicolas. He would abuse me when he was drunk, and when he wanted me for my body, and I would not give it to him he would force me to.." She spoke as she let a tear slip down her cheek. Nicolas kissed it away.

"I could never hurt you. Ever. Not as long as I live. You are beautiful, and if I ever hurt you in a way like that, I don't believe I could ever forgive myself. I love you." He spoke, his eyes pouring into hers.

"I love you too, Nicolas." She whispered Into the darkness.

"If you do not want to make love, I understand. You just sleep darling." He spoke.

"Thank you, Nicolas... Will you be here to lay with me? It is so cold, and you are so warm." She said with a smile. He smirked, taking off his trousers, suit jacket, tie and dress shirt. Only leaving him in his silk boxers. He slipped between the sheets along with her, moving close and wrapping his arms around her small figure. She sighed, running her hands along his sculpted chest and up his shoulders. He pulled her closer, kissing her gently. She cuddled into him, feeling the hot, firmness of his body. He ran his fingers gently through her hair, kissing her temple.

"Goodnight, my love.." He whispered.

"Goodnight...." She whispered in reply as she drifted off to sleep once more.