xiii

Lauren's letter:

My dearest Lauren,

It's the 3rd of Feburary.

if you're reading this, Michael or his mum have found this note that's been hidden, tucked underneath the frame of his bed.
I'm sorry, I really am.

I'm still alive. I never died Lauren, they never found my body as you know. This is because when he stabbed me, he didn't get a spot that will kill me. I escaped, I left all of you behind. I'm a fucking asshole I know.
I'm sorry about everyone, their death is on my hands. I heard it on the radio the next morning.
When I escaped, I went home and got in my car... And just drove off to a different state. I'm not gonna make up any excuses as to why I left and I'm sorry.
I know who the killer was, I was scared of them. He was someone I knew once, we all knew him.
You may think it's my father, I know that you knew what he was like, what he did. but it wasn't him.

Please don't come and find me Lauren, same goes for Michael. You don't deserve to even know who I am or be bothered to be with me.
I'm fucked up.
I'm mentally disabled, completely unstable. I let this happen, I let everyone die. All for my selfish needs. So I didn't die myself, but look what happened anyway.
This guy was out for revenge He said, bloody thirsty he was.
He wanted you, he wanted to mess with you and look where it ended up. He was saying things like "if you don't bring them to this house I'll fucking kill you and her, then the rest after".
I'm selfish. I did this in the condition that you would stay alive, aswell as I would.
I regret it, I hate myself. I don't even wanna live, what I did was fucked

I want to see you, I do but please don't be bothered to find me. I won't be alive much longer if the guy knows I'm still alive. I love you, I'm sorry.

Live a happy life with Michael, won't you? You deserve to both be happy, I wish this didn't happen. That we could all be happy, be in college and not live in trauma, having our friends gone.

By the time you find this I may be dead, I may be alive.
Forgive me Lauren. I'll see you in another life.

- Luke