iv

February 2nd 2014 // 8:44pm

[Calum's POV, seen through Lauren's dream]

"One... Two... Three... Four..." Luke starts counting as we quickly but quietly run to find a place to hide. This place is so creepy... What the hell did I even agree to? I must have been high or something. I jog up the stairs leaving everyone else behind me. I quickly turn around to see where everyone else is going, Holly and Michael jog through some door ahead of me, then there is Lauren jogging behind me, damn she is so hot. Her long wavy light brown hair, hazel brown eyes and-

Ugh shut up Calum, she'll never be yours, but she would of been, I would've been able to call her mine if it wasn't for that... That asshole. I can't believe that Luke stole her from me! He knew I was going to ask her out, but being the dick he is, he had to jump in and ruin everything.

~FLASHBACK~

"Are you ready Cal?" I turn to Luke to see him smiling
"I sure am" I say shakily "Just a bit nervous... I mean I've never asked a girl out before, like, what if she says no?"
"It's okay mate" Luke assures me "I know she will definitely say yes, I mean look at you!"

I start laughing

"Thanks babe, I can always count on you" I wink. We both started laughing at our little joke.

He then looks at me and smiles saying "I'm going to go downstairs to get something to eat? You want anything?"

"Nah, I'm okay." I reply

"Suit yourself."

And with that, he walks off downstairs.

"Alright" I whisper to myself "I can do this"

I check over myself quickly while Luke walks back in the room

Kurt Cobain shirt ironed and on: check
'You said you liked my Cobain shirt' I thought, laughing out loud. Luke gives me a puzzled look, he doesn't know that I write songs. I got that line from Lauren, aswell as being a song writer I also sing. That reminded me,

Guitar: check. I strum a few chords to make sure it sounds in tune. The opening lines from Remembering Sunday, her favourite song.

A flower bouquet: check

Fresh breath? Ew, Nope. I walk to the bathroom to wash my teeth. To make my breath smell extra nice I brush them for something like five minutes. I walk pass the staircase to hear moaning and giggling... Please don't tell me that Michael and Holly are making babies on the couch with each other again, something I do not want to see, again. I run to my room and grab the guitar and bouquet. I walk quietly down the stairs ready to scare the living shit out of the two. I walk up to the couch to see Luke and a familiar brunette underneath him. Looking closer at the brunette I realise who she is. I feel as if I've been hit by a truck...

"L-Lauren?"

~END OF FLASHBACK~

Shaking my head I continue to jog up the stairs

"Can I hide with you? This place gives me the creeps" I snap my neck around to see Lauren. She wants to hide with me?

"Yeah, sure" I reply "Come on, I think I know just the right place" in my opinion that probably sounds really creepy but whatever.

----

March 5th 2014 // unknown time

I wake up again for the second time tonight, this time in a more calm way. Holy fuck. There's no way in hell, no. He, I can't believe Luke. How could he do this? I thought Calum didn't like me in that way. Luke persuaded me that he never did, what an asshole. I feel my eyes slowly closing, I fight to keep them open but it is too much work. I finally drift of to sleep, the vision or dream, whatever it is, starts back to where I left it, jogging up the extremely long staircase, but it's my view again, I remember this all to well.

February 2nd 2014// 8:45pm

We quickly but quietly run up the stairs, we jog past Holly and Michael. "-looking at this old cra-" is all I heard Holly say, I wish I heard what the hell they were bickering about this time. Holly was probably scolding Michael over something stupid, as per usual.

We keep jogging around the house, further away from Luke's voice.. "45...46...47" I heard him count. Damn, how big is this place?

"C'mon Cal, where are we going to hide?"

"Wait a minute" he says, stopping in his tracks to observing a painting. I take a look at it and see why this one out of the millions caught his eye. On the canvas there was a painting of a teenager, about 18 years old, he was hanging by a rope around his neck, the rope attached to a chandelier. That chandelier looks really familiar, I've seen it recently.

What was also weird is that the paint looked... fresh? I took my hand from my side and placed a finger onto the painting. Yep, it definitely was fresh. I take a closer look at the boy and it takes me a minute to realise...

The boy on the painting, was,

Calum

-

I look at Calum, face paled and legs shacking, I put my hand on his shoulder. I turn his face towards mine to see his usually tanned face, was white. It was a scary sight.

"L-Lauren t-that w-was m-me" Calum said, stuttering every word.

"Shhhh, it's okay Calum." I assure him shakily, looking back at the painting "I will protect you, I know you would if I were in this position."
I look at my watch 10:43 pm. Jeez, we've been standing here for nearly an hour... Where is Luke?
I turn away and take my eyes off Calum for one second when I hear a blood curdling scream, I turn around and see Calum being dragged away by a man in all black clothing.

"LAUREN HELP!" he screams

"CALUM!" I scream back attempting to run after him. The next thing I know there is a throbbing in my head and my vision is blurry, I've been hit. I fall to the ground clutching my head. The extreme pain rushing through all the nerve in my body, I shiver.

"C-Calum" I whispered repeatedly, I had promised I would protect him. I had let him down.

After what felt like another blow to my head, I finally saw black.

CHAPTER DEDICATED TO: calgurl05

-Edited-