Chapter Nine- Unorthodox Option

So I was on a Craving frenzy these past couple of days I guess! Sorry the chapters are short, I just want to keep the story moving. VOTE COMMENT enjoy reading :) Thanks so much!

_____________________________________________________________________

“No one can find out about this, understand?” Dean’s father was pacing back and forth in thought, standing in front of his son, Doctor Keith and an old man with silver, wiry hair.

“Yes,” they spoke in unison.

I sat in the cold leather chair, facing the panel of men.

“What do you project will happen, Doctor Keith?”

“Well, at the rate this is progressing, I’d say full transformation is only weeks away, though we don’t know what a were-succubus would be fully capable of on either side…” The doctor’s eyes adverted, staring at the intricate pattern displayed on the rug.

“What is it?” Dean’s father prodded, sensing he was hiding something.

“I don’t think her body will be able to complete the process. She is first and foremost a succubus. There is no way her body will take on werewolf completely. She’ll die before she even has the chance to transform.”

Breath seemed to be a foreign concept to my body.  I sat in complete immobilization, not even being able to comprehend what was happening.

“There has to be another way!” Dean’s face was tight against his clenched jaw, holding back shaking rage.

“I don’t know what else we can do. We’ve never dealt with something of this magnitude before.  I literally think this is hopeless,” the doctor turned to Dean’s father. “Antoine, we have to be realistic. You’re heir marked a non-wolf, that’s detrimental to the pack. If they find out, word will be spread and we’ll be vulnerable for other packs to attack.”

“This is bullshit! Astraea is going to die!” Dean stood erect, white fury seeping through his pores. In an instant, his eyes burned a bright blue flame before his countenance altered. He doubled over and before my eyes could take in what happened, Dean was on all fours, baring massive teeth in the doctor’s direction.  A thick black coat held the massive beast in.

“Dean,” Antoine took a stance of the pack leader, his voice was calm but present.

“You can’t blame him, we are looking at every angle of this situation. Get yourself together,” and with that the wolf’s head dipped low below its shoulder blades in defeat. I watched in awe as the glossy charcoal fur rolled in on itself, like his skin was absorbing the pallet. His shoulders broadened and his torso bore his impressive muscle collection. He stood as long legs grew from hind ones. It happened instantaneously, but my mind replayed it in slow motion, over and over again. It was the most magical thing I’d ever seen.

 The exposed boy walked to the back of the large oak desk, pulling out a drawer and sliding on a pair of shorts and a white t shirt before I had my fill of admiration.

“I apologize, Doctor Keith,” Dean’s face was solemn and bore the weight of distress.

“I understand, Dean. I really am sorry about all of this,” the tall man put his hand on Dean’s shoulder comfortingly.

“There might be one thing we can do, but it’s a little unorthodox,” I barely realized the silver haired man had been standing there mute for the entirety of the meeting.

“What is the option, Rah?” Antoine asked, curios.

I sat up straighter, another option? So death doesn’t have to be the short ending to my high school career?!