Chapter Three- First Day

<<<<V*O*T*E<<<< :D

________________________________________

“Please stand up and introduce yourself…Asshtrayeaya?” The teacher butchered my name, usual.

I stood hesitantly from my comfortable seat in the back corner of the class. “You can call me Ash,” I nodded awkwardly, sitting down. All eyes were on me and not so subtle whispers broke out.

“What I meant by introduce yourself was, tell about yourself, Ash,” her smile was fake, and that annoyed me even more than her penciled on eyebrows.

I stood up again, tersely. “I’m from Santa Barbra. I’m staying with my aunt up here. I like yogurt.” I sat down, hoping that would suffice. Small giggles were caused by my “yogurt” comment, but she was satisfied and continued droning on about this weekend’s homework. The bell rang sharply, mercilessly cutting her off and allowing the students to flow from their desks like a broken dam over a small city.

It's been a week since I left home... and since I spoke to Jake. I didn't miss him as much as I thought I would. My life was full of holes at this point, what's another one thrown into the mix?

I was the last to leave, trying to keep as low a profile as humanly (or in my case, freakily) possible.

“Hey, Ash right?” A platinum blonde head of hair bobbed in front of me, two equally blonde girls standing at her flanks. My cover didn't work, apparently.

“Guilty,” I nodded, pursing my lips.

“She’s a crazy bat bitch,” the golden presumed leader laughed, gesturing towards the class we just left. “Hey, so you’re new. I know that sucks, so let’s break you in, ya?” Her eyes slanted mischievously.

“How so?” I asked, intrigued.

“You just happen to have moved in on the best weekend of the semester. Party, ten, tonight,” She took her pen, writing her number on the back of my binder, without permission, smiling.

“Text me for the address,” She beamed and sauntered off, her drones following in close suit.

The thought of going to a party was far distant in the list of things for me to do, but why not? My mom couldn’t do anything to me, and a week alone in my room at Becky's was becoming dull. A party might be exactly what I needed. 

I meandered down the hall, scouring for my locker. I had just memorized my last locker combo, ugh.

I read off my schedule slowly, twisting the numbers at glacial speed.

15….23….69. Nothing. I pulled up on the metal hitch again, nothing. I was inches from kicking the damn thing down when a strong hand pressed the top corner, causing it to swing open slowly.

“I had this one last year, the top sticks,” I stared open mouthed at a creature of pure deliciousness. Caramel skin wrapped taunt around thick, lean muscles that were flashing at me through a tight fitting tshirt. Thick, dark brown hair sat perfectly tousled on his head in a sexy disheveled way. Dark blue eyes beckoned me to go swimming in him. I wasn’t hiding my drooling observation and completely forgot to shut my agape jaw.

“Name’s Dean, you must be new.” He carried on, obviously not surprised by my admiring stupor.

“Ya, I’m Astraea,” I snapped back. Damn.

“I mean, Ash. Ya, just call me Ash,” I was stammering, making a complete fool out of myself. His smell, that musky scent wafted over me with notes of cinnamon and mint. Lavender lingered in the air, hell, he smelled delicious. I wonder what he tasted like…