Chapter 3: The Plan

GEORGE'S POV:

Great job, Freddie! You blew your chances again. Meanwhile, I am left to look after a miserable Miss Granger and try and matchmake the two of them. Fred isn't stupid. I don't know why he can't figure out a way to talk to her. Luckily I have....

I went up to Fred, exhausted from running up to him before he realised and stormed off, up to Gryffindor Tower. Last night I gave him a pretty hard time about not figuring something out himself and he hadn't spoken to me since. I thought he was being irrational, but then I realised something. That is the first proper fight we've ever had. And definitely the first time he has refused to speak to me. And so I realised how important Hermione must be to him.

"Hey, Freddie." Fred didn't say a word, but he didn't walk away either. "I know I've been a right git to you, but I think I have the solution to getting to talk to her."

"What?" Fred asked me. He looked intrigued.

"Well, you know she thinks I'm her new best friend now?" Fred just nodded. "Well, you can go up to her, pretending to be me, and say you, George, want to talk to her privately. Then, once you are somewhere where she can't just run away and ignore you, you reveal that you're Fred and you tell her how you feel. Snog her if you want, that doesn't really matter, but just make sure she thinks it's me."

"But she will know its-"

"You know very well that no one - not even mum at times - can tell us apart. That's the whole point of us being identical. So what do you think?"

After a long pause, a big grin appeared on my brother's face and he answered, "I think it's brilliant."

A/N Hi guys! Thank you if anybody read it. I am aware the chapters are really short but, again, that was intended. They aren't really chapters, as such. Anyway, comment, favourite, add to your library - whatever it is you do - and thank you for reading!