Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Today was the day I would have to sing in front of everyone. I got dressed nervously. I made my way downstairs and went and sat on the kitchen counter. "Hey" Xander said, I looked up and saw him in black jeans and a white mens tank top. I licked my lips as my eyes got transfixed on his biceps. "Are you nervous?" he asked turning around. I sighed and looked up at his face before saying " What do you think?" he put his glass of water down and walked over to me. He placed himself between my legs and he lifted mh chin up and said "I promise I'll be there for you"

I smiled a small smile at him. We kinda just stared into each others eyes before he said "You have really pretty eyes" I blushed and whispered "Thanks" he took a deep breath and let it out through his nose. I jumped off the counter and checked my phone for the time. A knock at the door was heard. I glanced over at Xander before walking out to the door. I opened the door and saw Nash, Xander's best friend. "Is Xander there?" I nodded before turning and walking through to rhe kitchen. "Hey dude" Nash said, Xander turned around and flashed him a smile. "Hey"

I picked my school bag up and leaned over to get the juice from the fridge. I felt eyes on my back. I stood up and shut the fridge. When I turned around they were both looking at me. "What?" I asked.

"You know I think that's the first time I've heard you talk" Nash said leaning against the counter. "I don't like talking" I said which was really true. I preferred to keep myself to myself and not worry anyone with my troubles.

"What are you doing here anyway?" I exchanged a glance with Xander before saying "Look at the time. I gotta go" I said I grabbed my bag before he could ask anymore questions. It was all up to Xander to tell him. They are best friends anyway.

(Xander's POV)

"So?" Nash asked me.

"So what?" I asked pretending I didn't know what he was on about. I didn't want anyone to know that Destiny was my stepsister because I have sorta been feeling these things for her lately. I get butterflies whenever I'm near her or touch her. Even just looking at her makes ne nervous. She's so beautiful.

"You never told me Destiny was your stepsister"

"No one knows...well Lynn and Kellin does but that's it" he raised his eyebrow.

"Kellin knows?"

"He's her best friend" I said shrugging. "You know it's not really natural to have feelings for your stepsister"

"I know that. Do you actually think I like the way she makes me feel? I hate the feeling. She's just so beautiful and perfect. People say no one is perfect but Destiny is. She's just-" he cut me off laughing.

"What?" I asked him uncomfortable that he was laughing at me.

"You're in love you idiot"

"No I'm not. Sure I like her...I really, really like her but i'm not in love with her...I can't be"

"Face the facts Xander. You can't stop staring at her, you talk about her all the time, you get jealous when you see any other guy checking her out, your actually spending more time with her then you are with your friends, you always make sure she's at all of our games and if she isn't you can't concentrate which makes us lose and you haven't dated or kissed a girl in ages" he said taking a deep breath at the end. I stared at him in shock.

I'm in love with my stepsister. Shit! My dad is gonna kill me. I shook my head and picked up my backpack. "We better get to school. I already have a headache" he smiled and shook his head. "You can't tell anyone she's my stepsister" I told him ad we walked to his car. He smiled and nodded "Promise, I won't. I know how much you love her. We all do"

"I don't love her" I muttered. He shook his head at me.

(Destiny's POV)

I waited backstage nervously while Kellin was talking to some of the guys from our music class. I peered behind the curtain to look for Xander. "Who you looking for?" Kellin asked me. "Xander. He's been helping me with my stage fright" he raised his eyebrow and smirked. I rolled my eyes as my heart pounded in my chest. I was the last act which made everything worser.

I soon was called to the stage. The teacher handed me the guitar and I froze. Kellin sighed before pushing my back to get me on stage. "Kellin no" I said trying to turn around people were watching us. He pushed down on my shoulders making me sit down. I took a deep shaky breath and found Xander in the crowd making me instantly relax. He smiled at me and I looked down at my guitar. I sighed and started to play the tune. My heart was bursting to get out. It was going faster then the fastest car in the world.

I started to strum the guitar and before I knew it everyone one was clapping and cheering. I ran off stage and ran up to Xander. He wrapped his arms around my waist and I wrapped mine around his neck. "You did it" he said.

"I couldn't of done it without you" I said. We pulled apart and I looked up at him smiling. "I-" he started before he got cut off by Tiffany. "Xander can I speak you with you?" she looked over at me. Well more like glared. I turned back to Xander. "I'll um...see you later. Thanks...again" I turned on my heels after glancing at Tiffany. I walked over to Kellin and Lynn who were watching me and Xander. Lynn smiled and hugged me. "You did it"

"Yep" I muttered. "You don't seem happy, what's up?" Kellin asked.

"Nothing" I said. Lynn rolled her eyes. "Destiny we're your best friends we know when your lying" I sighed and looked over at Tiffany and Xander.

"Hey wanna go get some ice-cream?" Kellin asked. "Sure" I said since school was over anyway. We all got our bags and headed for the door. When Lynn saw Jamie, a guy on the football and soccer team she looked over at us. "You guys go ahead. I need to speak with Jamie" me and Kellin looked at each other before I shrugged and walked out of the school. "Hey can I ask you something?" I asked him.

"Sure what is it?"

"Why hasn't Lynn been talking to me lately?"

"What are you on about? She goes to your house really every night. She went just last night"

"What? I haven't spoken to or seen Lynn in a long time. The only time I really see her is in school"

"But she told me she was going round your house to talk about Xander"

"Well she wasn't. Even ask Xander we were practicing my song last night" I was confused and by the looks of it so was he.

"Then where has she been going?" he asked me. "Beats me" I said.

"I'm back" we both looked at Lynn.

"What did you have to speak with Jamie about?" I asked her crossing my arms. "He um...borrowed my history notes and I just asking for them back" she said unsurely. Me and Kellin looked at each knowing she was lying.