Chapter 31

Chapter 31

I woke up and looked around. Noticing I was by myself I stood up and walked downstairs. I walked into the kitchen and smiled when I saw Jackson and Xander eating breakfast. My smile slowly faded when I saw my mom sat at the table munching on a slice of toast while drinking a cup of black coffee. She was smiling at Jackson who was feeding himself some coco pops.

"Morning Angel." Xander said when he saw me. I smiled at him and walked over to him. "Morning, morning batman." I said looking down at Jackson. He giggled and waved at me with a mouthful of cereal. As I took a seat next to Xander I glanced over at my mother. "Destiny?" I looked up and smiled at Isla. Her blonde locks where tied up in a messy bun and her green eyes where tired and red. She smiled when she full wake up, she ran over to me and hugged me. "Morning Isla." I said smiling.

"What are you doing here?" She sat down in the empty chair next to me.

"She slept her." Xander jumped in and said. "Are...are you two back together?" She asked with hope in her eyes.

"What do you think?" Xander asked, entwining our fingers. I smiled at him.

"Destiny? What are you doing here?" I suddenly tensed up when I heard Jack's voice. Xander rubbed small circles in the palm of my hand making my nerves settle. "She stayed the night." Xander answered for me. I looked at Jack who just nodded and kissed my mom on her forehead. "Daddy? Can we go to the zoo today?" Jackson asked breaking the awkward silence. I was glad he did.

"Sure, but not until later ok? Your mom wants to introduce you to someone." He nodded and carried on eating his breakfast.

"Sorry about this morning." Xander said as we were walking home from dropping Jackson off at Jennifers.

"It wasn't your fault. Don't worry about it." He sighed and put my head against his arm. "Janet is driving me crazy. I need to get out of the house soon."

"Me too. I mean I don't think Connor and Wyatt wants me there 24/7."

"Yeah but they asked you to stay."

"I know. I'm just saying I think they'd like to have some time alone...you get me?" he nodded and shivered in digust. I laughed and leaned up to kiss his cheek.

"I got a mental image and I don't like it." he pouted down at me. I chuckled and kissed his lips lovingly. "Your birthday's in 4 days isn't it?" he asked suddenly.

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that."

"So you do have any plans?"

"Nope, not yet why?"

"Because I have a surprise for you, but it might have to wait until the weekend."

"How come?"

"I'll explain it all to you on your birthday then you can decide if you want to wait until the weekend."

"I can't believe my baby's turning 17. You're not gonna be a year younger then me anymore." he whined pouting down at me. I smiled and cuddled into his side.

"I'll only be the same age as you for a week and I'll always be your baby." I smiled up at him. He leaned down and kissed my head.

***

"Hey Jackson, ready to go to the zoo?" I asked as me and Xander went back to Jennifer's house again that day.

"Yay!!" He got up from pushing toy cars up and down the carpet with a guy that looked to be 19. He smiled as Jackson ran up to me. I picked him up in my arms and smiled at him. The guy stood up and walked over to me and Xander. "Hi, I'm Damon, Jennifer's boyfriend."

"Xander and this is my girlfriend Destiny." Damon looked at me and smirked. Xander tightened his grip on my waist and pulled me in by his side. "Hey Jen? Why didn't you tell us you had a boyfriend?" Xander asked Jennifer when she came back from the kitchen. Damon wrapped his arms around her and pulled her to his side.

"Why didn't you tell me you were dating your stepsister?" She said sassily. An awkward silence filled the room and I took a step away from Xander making his arm slip away from my waist.

"She isn't my stepsister." Xander said through gritted teeth. I looked up at Damon studying him. He had brown quiffed hair and stunning hazel eyes. He was wearing a mens tank top showing off a tattoo of a girls name. Colleen. My eyes landed on his biceps. After couple of seconds they started flexing. I looked up at his face and saw him running his hand through his hair while looking down at Jennifer.

"Angel, we better go if we wanna get there before it closes." I nodded and put Jackson on the floor.

"Where are you going?" Jennifer asked as her and Damon followed us to the door.

"The zoo, Jackson wants to see the giraffes." I told her turning around. Damon stared at me, I glanced at him then looked up at Xander.

"Well me and Damon could take him if you want."

"No thanks. He wants to spend time with Destiny before he comes and stays here tomorrow." Xander entwined our fingers and brought my hand up to his mouth and gently kissed it. I felt the butterflies flying around in my stomach. That little gesture made my love for him grow a little more, just like it did every day.

When Damon shut the door, Xander held onto Jackson's hand to make sure he doesn't run away. He let go of my hand and placed his on my waist. He leaned down and stopped a couple of centimetres away from my lips. "Let's go beautiful." He slowly give my lips a soft kiss.

(Damon's POV)

I shut the door on Xander and Destiny. "God I hate her." Jennifer said walking away. I looked through the peephole on the door and saw Xander grabbing Destiny's waist. He leaned down a centimetre from her lips and whispered something to her while she just stared up at him lovingly. I gritted my teeth together and looked away from them.

"Why do you hate her baby?" I asked ny girlfriend as I sat down on the sofa next to her. I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her on to my knee.

"She stole Xander away from me."

"You trying to say you love Xander more then me?" I asked narrowing my eyes at her. She froze and her eyes filled with fear. "N-no."

"You seem unsure...Let me tell you something Jen. You're mine and there is only me that is allowed to look at other people."

"I know I...I'm sorry." She hung her head. I lifted her head up by her chin and pressed my lips against hers forcefully. "The only reason I don't hurt you is because you're carrying my baby. Never forgot I can hurt you in different ways."

"I-i know." A tear slid down her cheeks. I wiped it away with the pad of my thumb. I pressed my lips against hers softer this time. When I pulled away she put her head against my chest and closed her eyes. I tried to watch TV but my mind kept wondering off to Destiny. She was so beautiful, with her long black hair and her mysterious grey eyes. Her angelic features, her soft looking skin, her smile, her lips. She had to be mine.

Look out Xander, I'm coming for your girl.