quatorze

"How come you don't age?" Bella asked as she drove back to Forks.

Next to her sat Aleida with her hands covering her eyes. She hated these vehicles, and would much prefer walking everywhere. She could feel her heart slamming in her chest from her fear and panic.

"At first I was just as clueless as you were, but then the other elders and myself decided it must be because of my soulmate." Aleida's came out muffled. "Are we almost there?"

"Almost," Bella replied absently. "You told the other elders, council leaders of whatever?"

Aleida nodded. "Of course, they were my host. It would be rude to lie."

Bella nodded in understanding, coming to a stop once she reached the treaty line. On the other side stood a deadly furious Edward. His body shaking in anger.

Feeling the stop, Aleida peeked through her fingers and let out a giggle at the sight before her.

"Oou, you're in trouble," Aleida sings playfully.

Bella shot her a look. "Aren't you suppose to bee this all wise being or something?"

"I'm still technically eighteen, I'm allowed to have fun." Aleida opened her door and landed gracefully on the ground. "Come along now, Bella. This should be interesting."

Aleida stepped just before the treaty line and gave the vampire a goofy grin. Her heart was beating crazily in her chest, reminding her of how close she was to her soulmate. She pushed the little detail away.

"It's a beautiful night," she chose as conversation starter. She stood just out of reach, waiting for Bella to join her. "Much clearer than usual. Perfect night for a couple to fight n the middle of the road."

The human girl jabbed Aleida with her elbow when she reached her. Not at all enjoying the way she was antagonizing Edward and making the situation worse.

"You can have this little couples spat later. Right now I have some things to discuss with you coven." Aleida spoke, her voice regaining her serious composure.

She sent Bella a wink before hopping back into the truck, buckling herself in securely before covering her eyes.

She was amazed at how large the home was. She didn't understand why they need something this fancy or big. Climbing the front steps, she was aware of the eyes watching her. She could feel his eyes as well, never once has he looked away from her.

Squaring her shoulders, she walked into to the room emitting her familiar aura. She would demand respect from these people. They were not her friends and she didn't want hem to be.

Ignoring everyone else, she turned her focus to the woman of the house. Moving forward cautiously, she gave the woman a slightly tense, slightly awkward hug.

"Many greetings," Aleida spoke clearly. "May the gods of old and new grant you blessings. I can already tell the Mother shines her light through you by the way you care for you... family."

Stepping away, she placed herself at a safe distance and in a position from which she could not be easily attacked. "May the gods look kindly upon you all."

"May they see you," Carlisle replies.

Aleida felt her lips quirk at his slightly awkward blessing. She could tell that it was strange to him and the others. He had tried, however, to come up with an appropriate response. It was a bit more personal, but still acceptable and kind in nature.

"It's a beautiful night. Much clearer then usual," she repeated the same words as earlier. From the corner of her eye she saw Bella shake her head. Aleida had to hold back a laugh. "It appears that you have found yourselves in a bit of trouble. I can't say I'm all that surprised. You should have been more careful, taken more precautions. You call yourselves a family, yet i still hear that you stand apart instead of united. Respect, loyalty and unity are the pillars on which a family stands yet-"