huit

It had been weeks since the Cullen's returned and more boys have been shifting. Aleida was currently seated walking through the woods at night. She knew it was dangerous but she had been slowly working up her abilities until one of the pack members arrived.

Aleida remember vividly when the pack had begged her to stay out of the forest until the redheaded vampire was taken care of but she was becoming restless for the feel of nature.

She was aware that more of the boys would be out tonight, seeing as she was at the pack meeting.

She was further than usual, basically right next to the treaty-line.

Picking her steps cautiously, she got as close to the border as she dared. She wouldn't admit it o herself, but she felt a pull drawing her to the other side. It wasn't a nature pull, but more of a tugging on her heart. She felt as if there was some invisible tether trying to make her cross over.

Turning away, she followed the stream down more, bringing her closer to the heart. It was easier her her to wield her power but she still struggled with her lack of energy and control.

The night was eerie, a certain stillness that set Aleida on edge. The dark was a dangerous place for those who weren't aware, and Aleida thanked the Gods that she would feel if anything was approaching.

A lone howl of a wold brought her to. Stilling, she allowed herself to feel a small sliver of fear for herself at her position alone in the dark. The wolves were on the hunt, and the redhead was there prey.

Aleida willed them to go the opposite way, if the leech was to cross the border no one would be able to pursue but her, and she was not fast like the others.

The trembling of the ground alerted her of their approach. Shouts , growls and snarls mixing together to sound like a dangerous game, and she was ready to find out where she fit in.

Closing her eyes, she let the tremors guide her as she slammed her fist down. Rock debris and soil shot out in a forward jab, knocking into the oncoming redhead. Aleida opened her eyes and was made aware of the Cullen's watching her at the other side of the stream in slight horror, the pack still nowhere to be found.

Facing the the snarling vampire, she lifts her hand and flicks her finger. The ground underneath the snarling vampires feet gives away lightly and pulls her closer to Aleida.

With a determined glint in her eyes, she moves her hands quickly in front of her, the soil following her command and forming a rock shaped dome around the redhead. With every punch or kick, Aleida felt like it was connecting with her own body, bruises began to litter her skin.

"How close?" she breathed, her words barely forming s they fell past her lips.

"Almost here," Esme tells the girl. Wincing at every purple blemish that appears on her skin. "Just hold on a little longer."

Aleida attempts to nod but only winces as she feels another blow to her stomach. Bending slightly, she gasped for breath as she coughed up what she believed to be blood. A drip on her lip alerts her to her nose bleeding as well.

On the side of the stream, both Jasper and Emmett growl at the sight of her blood. Jasper turned away and towards Alice for reassurance, While Emmett continued to stare. He was completely entranced by her blood, the scent singing out to him, not to be consumed but for his protection.

His rage at the redheaded vampire only increased, she was the cause for the the delicate girls pain. Every pain filled whimper, gasp or cry was a blow to him.

The thumping of multiple feet alerted to the wolfs arrival. The entire scenario had felt like an eternity for Aleida, but it had only been a few minutes.