Chapter #3

• Dedicated to CS

Dedicated to all the students. And to my best friend and sister.

16-12-2011 LAST DAY OF SCHOOL LIFE.

Today was the last day of my school life. Now, no more rushing to school, no more hurry to get inside the room before the principal catches, no more having fun in class, laughing, fighting, enjoying, no more lunch sharing. Nobody will ask “Hey! Are you coming to school tomorrow?” no more fighting with friends, and then patching up. No more bunking class, getting punished by teachers, sleeping in class, talking on phone and listening to favorite songs on the last bench.

No.  More.  School.

I gotta admit that even though school wasn’t my most favorite place in the world but, I’m gonna miss it. So many emotions and memories attached, the strings are just a bit strong to detach. *sigh*, school isn’t only the Six Crappy Hours Of Our Lives, it’s our second childhood home, stepping out of it, is becoming an adult; Unless you wanna be a teacher and step back in.

But all in total, school, is an unforgettable experience of our lives, we never forget it, always on the back of our minds, some memories linger, whether it’s pleasant or not.

For me, school has been a mixture of pleasant and unpleasant memories. I’ve never been popular or anything. Not so many people have been so nice to me, I don’t know why. I’m not that interesting, mostly boring, I’m really not the cool kid at all. I’ve the corner guy. The guy people don’t usually talk to unless needed; Always left alone to observe others. But I still have friends.

One of my best friend and a life-long friend is Moon. We’ve been friends for 4 years and we know each other’s crazy heads pretty well. She’s been the best friend in the time of my need, no matter how hopeless I became, she always told me that better times would come and it really is true. We love each other like brother and sister; we are like the closest siblings. But in the last two years our paths have drifted a bit, but we still remain in contact. Today I was sitting in my class, she was walking in the corridor, she looked at me, and we kinda had a telepathic conversation. She said my face says I’m bored and I said its true. She looked at her wrist watch and said “enjoy boredom” and I said “enjoy running around and still running out of time”. If she had time then she would’ve hit me with whatever she could grab, but today, she saved the beating for some other time, just to make sure there is another “some other time”.

One the other hand, my buddy, who had gotten so close to me, and suddenly drifted so apart, was sitting across the room, busy with his other friends. A few months ago we used to talk a lot, now I guess we have run out of topics to talk about. He stopped sharing, and when I try to share, he doesn’t listen. I just stopped making myself feel disappointed over and over again.

So today I sat at the corner, working on my project, and from time to time, observing others laughing, talking, having fun, making fun of others, clicking pictures of their last day here, everyone just tried to save a moment from this day. And I was saving it all in my head, and right now on this page too.

My school isn’t different than any other. Here also the weakest gets bullied, the jockeys just hang around, and the girls do what girls usually do TALK … a LOT. Sharing lunch, sometimes friends fight, cry, fight again and then patch up. At the end of the day while walking out of the gate, someone has a smile and someone else has a frown on their face.

I turned my head around a saw a girl almost hiding her head in her bag, I thought she might be sick or something, I stood up and looked better and saw that her lips are moving and I knew she is talking to her boyfriend. Then suddenly her best friend comes and start disturbing her, takes away her phone and then the two girls run out of the room with the girl following the first one has a “I’m-gonna-kill-you-if-you-don’t-give-me-my-phone-back” look. Lol.

There is fun side and there is the not-so-fun-for-the-weak side. On the last day of school a guy who gets bullied every day got bullied more, beaten up and there is never anyone to help him. I felt bad, but I regretted that I alone can’t help him, other guys will tease him more for that. Once a girl supported him and then things didn’t go so pleasantly as fairy tale type.

I went back to what I do the best, observe. But I don’t know if my observations and the following conclusions are right or wrong. Cause I never share them. Usually I’m proved wrong because people don’ like to hear some unpleasant things and the only person I shared them with was so defensive that I had to stop sharing. And that made a friendship to be on the rocks for months. And it’s still like that. I try to communicate, but no response from the other end.

Hours passed and the day had to come to an end. And by the time the minute’s hand takes a step closer toward its hourly journey to the “12”, almost everyone had started to tear up. Even the guys we never thought would ever shed a tear, cried like a baby thinking they won’t meet ever again and they are losing a great deal of possession, their beloved classroom (which they came to love a few moment ago), their beloved friends with home a lot of memories are attached. But most of all, the daily routine of waking up, packing the heavy school bag and spend half of their day here.

In a while, they all will meet some new faces and the old memories will linger in the back of their minds. I will miss this, but there is something, rather someone I never wanna miss. And I will make sure we’ll never have to miss each other.

School hasn’t been my favorite place but leaving it, never having to see some faces, makes me cry. I guess it is inevitable. Saying goodbye is the hardest thing in the world, and it does hurt.

But by this moment, it’s time to put a full stop here and say goodbye to school, I would write more but the readers are getting seriously bored and I’m busy wiping my own tears.

Cheers to school, there no such joy as being a student. Because we are students always, the process of learning never stops.