COCOA BEAN DANCE

On his way back to the factory, Mr Wonka kept looking behind him. He felt different. Almost relieved. Though he was disappointed that things did not work as well as he had hoped, he felt a large weight off his shoulders and proud to have been able to admit his mistakes. Though she was still furious at him, he was glad to see Miss Vicky again. Even if it was for the last time. He did not expect to profess his love for her in front of a complete stranger as well. He certainly felt different than ever before.

"Mr. Wonka! Where have you been?" He looked up to see Charlie run out the door over to the gates. The boy was worried. "I saw you leave and I didn't know where you were going!"

"It's alright, Charlie." Mr. Wonka sighed. "I just needed to take a walk..."

"WILLY... WONKA!"

Suddenly, Charlie heard a familiar voice yelling from somewhere across the street. He looked over to see who it was. His face lit up. "Mr. Wonka! Mr. Wonka! It's Miss Vicky!"

"Oh, dear. She's here." He panicked. "She's gonna kill me! I know it!"

Charlie rolled his eyes. "She's not going to kill you! She's coming over to talk... or scold you! But at least she's here!"

The boy watched her running closer to the factory. He noticed she was may have been sprinting over from a few blocks to catch up to Mr. Wonka. Her dark hair was no longer tied up into a bun as it was now flowing down, somewhat disheveled from all that running.

"Charlie go back inside and just... go get your family!" Willy Wonka saw the boy run inside. Still panicking, he decided to start walking away quickly. Hoping to lead her somewhere else. She did not look any happier as he knew that they had to get into yet another argument. However, he was relieved to know she was running over to speak with him instead of avoiding him.

"Willy Wonka now you've done it!" Miss Vicky bellowed as she was more furious than ever. "I've been fired from my job! I hope you're happy now!" She finally caught up with him but Mr. Wonka just kept on walking.

"I'm sorry to hear that, Vicky." He replied calmly. "I guess it just wasn't meant to be."

"That's all you can say?!" She huffed but then calmed down, walking beside him. "No matter. I'll find another job. Maybe in a grocer or a tailor..."

Mr. Wonka halted and gently took her arm to stop her. Surprised she did not jerk it back this time, he let it go quickly. "You honestly think you'd be truly happy working in those places? Come now, Vicky. I know you better than that."

She faced him, crossing her arms and glaring. "I'd be much happier without you ruining everything like you always do. This is just another one of your games."

"You don't mean that." He frowned and stepped closer to her, leaning in. "Look me in the eye and say that you did not have that elation of feeling the happiest when you made candy... and with me."

Miss Vicky tried to avoid his gaze. Those beautiful, violet eyes were distracting her again and seeing the glorious sun setting behind him did not help. She stuck her nose up in the air in haste. However, Mr. Wonka knew she was trying to avoid the question. He reached into his pocket and took out a heart shaped lollipop still in its wrapper; one of Miss Vicky's Valentine's Day Lovepops. He ripped off the wrapper and in his grip, the small, pink candy began to grow into a large, crimson red heart as it began beating rapidly.

Mr. Wonka's lips curled into a smirk. "If this was just another game and I lied about my feelings for you, how do you explain this? Your mood-pops never lie. You told me that. Annoying how right you were, huh?"

She narrowed her eyes at him and snatched the lollipop away from him. However, it did not change its form as it remained a large, crimson red beating heart. It was impossible. She was still furious at him. How could she still be in love with him? Then she started growing furious at herself. She was supposed to hate him. However, she could no longer lie to herself any longer. She really did miss him and was still in love with him all along. Oh, how disappointed she was in herself.