BITTER CHRISTMAS

Willy Wonka's holiday candies were always an anticipated event and he was certain his chocolates were bound to sell out again. Things were starting to look up for his chocolates but something was still missing. His spectacular new holiday creation still had yet to be made and what it was going to be, Mr. Wonka could not think of it. He and Charlie spent hours a day brainstorming for new ideas until one day when Mrs. Bucket was decorating their little cottage with holiday decorations. Charlie helped his mother put up the wreath on the front door and installed the Christmas lights with his father. Once he switched them on, he saw nothing but bright lights in front of him and immediately, another light sparked in his mind. After the decorating was done, he sprinted away from the chocolate room and into the pink boat. He had to see Mr. Wonka immediately before his idea wore off.

"Mr. Wonka! Mr. Wonka!" Charlie cried as the boat stopped at the door of the Inventing Room. He flung the door opened and ran over to his mentor in sheer excitement. "I got it! I know what we can make for the Christmas season! I was helping my parents with the holiday decorating and what would be more festive and delicious than candy wreaths that light up! Cherry flavored holly, mint leaves, chocolate pine cones... what do you think?!"

Mr. Wonka's face lit up and hopped with excitement. "That's it! We can make the holly light up... Brilliant, Charlie! Let's get to work immediately! Hah!"

It was going to be the most wonderful holiday treat ever. They worked more hectic hours, fully consumed with their new project. Mrs. Bucket was not happy about Charlie cutting back on homework hours on the weekend to work but she had faith in her son to set his priorities. Mr. Wonka had never worked so hard on one particular project in ages and finally felt he could outrun Miss Vicky for the first time.

The day has come and Mr. Wonka was ready to manufacture his special holiday candy light wreaths. Candy was glowing and ready to be packed and shipped. Suddenly, the doors opened slowly and little Charlie walked inside the manufacturing room. However, his face was not filled with excitement at all. Rather, he wore a sullen frown as he walked over the boxing machines and switched the power off.

"Charlie, what are you doing?!" Mr. Wonka looked at his heir in bewilderment and turned the machines back on again. "We have these boxes to ship to all the candy shops!"

Charlie sighed and turned the machines off again. "We can't sell these candy wreaths, Mr. Wonka."

"Don't be silly, of course we can!" He leaped cheerfully and turned it back on.

"No, Mr. Wonka!" Charlie switched it back off again and it was certain he was getting irritated. "We're not going to sell them anymore."

"Are too!" Mr. Wonka turned it on again.

"Am not!" Charlie turned it off and almost broke the lever.

"Now look here, little boy." Mr. Wonka was clearly annoyed. "We've just worked endless and vigorous hours on this. We are not holding them back... No way!"

Charlie shouted. "We have to because Miss Vicky already released them!"

"What?!" He glared. It was impossible. She could not have possibly.

"You heard me, Mr. Wonka." Charlie lowered his voice and calmed down. "Look." He took a remote control and turned on one of Mr. Wonka's large television screens and to the news advertising Miss Vicky's new holiday treats. As expected, the advertisement showed dozens of glowing candy and bubblegum wreaths with Miss Vicky's name all over them, being grabbed by numerous shoppers. Another shot was the assortment of bright, green Christmas trees that were decorated with the same glowing candy and bubblegum.

"For you Holiday shoppers, Miss Vicky has never ceased to amaze us. Earlier this week she released one of the most anticipated holiday treats. They are edible and chewable and they glow so bright. A very sweet addition to your holiday decorating! Get them before they sell out!"