I'm Really Just Asking To Leave - Chapter 10 - Arguments

•••Chapter 10•••

•••Third Person•••

Hailey rolled over at exactly 7:37 in the morning. She rolled onto her phone charger, waking her up immediately. She rolled back over so she was facing the middle of the bed. She smiled at Damien. He smiled back crookedly.

"Morning," he whispered.

"Morning," she replied. She sank her head even more into the pillow to avoid the crisp, coldness of the morning.

He grabbed her hand and closed his eyes again. "I hate mornings," Hailey complained.

"I know," Damien said, smiling. "I can tell."

"Listen, I'm sorry about that fight the other day. I didn't mean it," Hailey told him.

He shook his head. "It's fine. We both said stupid stuff. And I'm sorry about teaching Leo that word. I guess he just heard me use it casually."

"Yeah, but if you teach him anything like that again I'm gonna attack you with a cheese grater while you sleep."

The sound of Leo crying rang through the silence of the house. "It's your turn," she reminded him.

"We could just leave him... he'll stop soon..."

Hailey smiled. "Probably."

She closed her eyes. When she opened them again, Damien was gone, and Leo was still crying.

•••Gerard's POV•••

The days following Damien's death were the most quiet, gloomy days that the house had ever seen. In fact, it took exactly two weeks for everything to get back to as normal as it ever would be. Hailey had gone back to her home with Leo immediately after the funeral. I didn't know Damien at all, so I guess I could say I wasn't as bothered as much as I should've been.

I was in my temporary room, lying on my stomach on my temporary bed. Jay was sat on the other side of the room. "Are you okay?"

"Stop asking me that! I'm fine!"

"If you're sure..."

"I'm sure! Really, I was never close to him anyway, and I haven't seen him for two years!"

I stood up and walked over to her. She hadn't cried at all. She was trying to convince everyone she didn't care, but she didn't fool me. "It's okay to cry, you know."

"I'm not even-" Her voice cracked and she stopped taking immediately. "I'm fine."

"You're not fine."

"I am."

"Okay, I know I'm cocky and arrogant, and all that stuff, but I still care about you. I know you're upset."

"I... I don't..."

She ended up crying. A lot.

•••

After a while, she seemed fine. We ended up in the same positions as before. She was sat on the other side of the room and I was lying on the bed.

"I'm bored," she stated.

I groaned in agreement. "What is there to do around here?"

She grinned. "I like to piss people off when I'm bored."

I raised an eyebrow. "Is that a challenge?"

"Maybe..."

"Who's the easiest?"

She thought for a second. "Probably... Helen or Amy."

"What about me?" Someone else asked, walking into the room like they owned it.