15 | The Red Coats Are Coming

"You're not Spencer..."

"That, I am not." The man replies in a monotone voice, that had an underlying British accent to it. He had black, curly hair and would be at least six feet tall if he were to stand.

"But we are looking for a Ms. Spencer and Ms. Guster." A much shorter, blonde man that was standing nearby joins in on the conversation.

But Lassiter didn't care who they were looking for; he was more concerned of where they were waiting, "What the hell are these Brits doing in my office?"

When she sees a cluster of people surrounding the head detective's desk, Chief Vick pokes her head out of the door before commotion erupts,
"Mr. Holmes? Dr. Watson?"

Everyone looks over at the head of SBPD, who was pointing towards her desk,
"My office is this way."

"Yes, of course." Sherlock stands and smirks at Lassiter, before disappearing into the closing doors of Chief's office; his colleague, John, following close behind.

"Wasn't that Sherlock Holmes and John Watson?" Juliet whispers to Lassiter, but keeps her eyes on the British men in Vick's office.

Lassiter sits down in his chair that was previously occupied by that demure man,"Who?"

"They've been on the news lately. They're like Shaina and Briana, but British."
Juliet summarizes.

But the moment he heard they were just like Shaina and Briana, he let out a groan, "That's just what we need. More consulting detectives." He mutters sarcastically.

~~~~~

The Brits were sitting before SBPD's Chief.
Sherlock played with the candy bowl on the Chief's desk, as she was starting to process their story, "So, you're saying you've received a message from Yin?"

"Yes. That is what we believe." John smiles at Chief Vick, while a part of him was also resisting the urge to yell at Sherlock to stop playing around with the wrappers.

"And what did this message say, exactly?" Chief Vick asks.

Sherlock looks up and answers before John could open his mouth, "It said that Ms. Spencer needed our help on a case. We didn't bother authenticating it, since it seemed liable enough."

"Why would Yin send for you two?
No offense."

"Offense taken." Sherlock mutters before turning his attention back to the sucking candies.

John clears his throat, "Yin knows we helped her last time. Maybe he wants us to work together again."

"Does Ms. Spencer even know you two are here?" Chief Vick questions them, making her and John both look at Sherlock expectantly.

"I haven't exactly been... In contact with Ms. Spencer since she came to London." Sherlock confesses.

"I'm actually surprised you two were even friends." Chief Vick blatantly states. She had known Shaina for years. Shaina was a handful to handle.

"Oh, Sherlock doesn't have friends." John says; unintentionally making his partner sound like a loner.

"Acquaintances, then?" Chief Vick asks a bit more curious.

An amused smile grows on John's face, "Maybe more, if this idiot had just called her once in awhile."

"I prefer texting." Sherlock grumbles.

"Yeah, but you didn't have the guts to do that either." John mumbles so that Chief Vick could hear it as well.

Chief Vick clears her throat to end their playful banter, "I'll notify Ms. Spencer of your visit. I'm sure she'll be ecstatic to hear that you're in Santa Barbara."