8 | Mr. Yin Presents...

Shaina and Briana were in a deep sleep in their hotel room; trying to get as much rest as they could before boarding the plane back to Santa Barbara.

Chief Vick expected them to be back soon; and they couldn't wait to get back to warmer weather. However, a phone call ends their dreams.

“Psych.” Shaina answers the phone sleepily. She let's out a yawn just as Lestrade’s voice comes through the other line,
“Shaina… There's been another murder.”

~~~~~

The air was humid with the morning fog that hasn't settled yet. There were lots of large rocks that they had to step over in order to get to the crime scene.

Lestrade led the way as he tried to explain the situation to the duo,
“Shaina, Briana, thanks for coming out here. I know your flight leaves today, but we believe this just happened. So if there's anything to get deductively, I wanted you take a look while things were still fresh.”

“What happened?” Briana asks worriedly, as they start to notice the nervousness radiating from Lestrade. He just shakes his head, “It isn't pretty…”

The body lay in the middle of a field. The victim's body was in a particular position; making it seem as if it was placed in a certain way.

Donovan and Anderson were on the scene. Donovan begrudgingly started to tell the duo what she knew about the victim, as Shaina and Briana kneeled down to investigate.
“The victim's a Caucasian female. Approximate age is mid-40s.”

Donovan gets down on one knee to point out the necktie around the victim's neck which was used as the murder weapon,
“Strangled, then dropped here like a sack of potatoes… The body's still warm.”

That was when Briana realizes who it was. She puts a hand over her mouth in shock, before putting her free hand on Shaina’s shoulder to get her attention. Shaina nods her head in understanding, as she stares at the victim's face, “I know…”

Donovan takes notice of Briana's sickly stricken face and smirks,
“What's the matter, Ms.Guster? Can't handle a bit of blood?”
Briana ignores the teasing comment as she stands abruptly. Her eyes were wide in shock and still looking at the victim's face.
Lestrade starts to catch on,
“Bri… Do you know this woman?”

Briana takes her hand away from her mouth to answer,
“She served us our pie…”

“What the hell do you mean, she served you your pie?” Anderson asks rather harshly.
Yes, the victim was their Waitress from last night when they ate pie with Mary Lightly.

Shaina replayed the memory from last night, which she had stored in her Mind Palace. The woman was still in her working clothes; a black apron, a white t-shirt, and high heels. The necktie, that was used to kill her, contrasted with the rest of her outfit. She wasn't wearing it the night before.

The victim's eyes were still open, but bloodshot. Her blonde hair which Shaina was so jealous of, was now covered in gravel and dead leaves. Her body position that she died in was pretty strange though…
The victim's body was laying on her side.
Her body made a swurvy line if seen from above.

That's when Shaina sees the two boulders. They were surrounded by rocks, but these 2 boulders were out of place.
One boulder was darker than the other.
The first boulder was placed near the curve of the back of her legs.
The other was placed near the curve her arms made.
Shaina stands to her feet. Her face paled as she starts to form an image.
If seen from above…
“Ms. Spencer… Are you alright?”

Shaina ignores Lestrade as she starts to connect the image together. It's undeniable what the victim's body was depicting:
A Yin Yang Symbol.