If This Is What It Takes

It was almost 3 in the morning when Emma walked in. Even though it all happened barely an hour ago, it felt to her like this night lasted for much longer. Emma and Will spent the last hour telling Nash everything. Well, not everything, but all he needed to know about them being mermaids, and about keeping it as a secret. Still shocked, he agreed to keep it a  secret. She just wanted it to end, yet she knew she had one more barrier in her way: telling the girls.
Even though her general exhausted appearance, the girls couldn't tell the events of the past night, as they were way too excited about achieving the box, and assumed it was only the tiredness that got to her.
"We got it!" Cleo cheered and raised her hand, grabbing the box.
Emma walked slowly to the comfy chair, and set down, tired, exhausted, and mainly frustrated. "Doesn't matter. He knows."
Silence took over the room. The three girls exchanged worried looks with hopes in their eyes, hoping she's just kidding, just messing with them.
"How did it happened?" Rikki asked gently.
"Well he..." Emma paused. She knew she couldn't tell the girls what happened. She promised the guys she wouldn't say anything about it. "I'm sorry, I should've been more careful."
Emma hated lying, and especially to her friends. After getting used to lying the entire world, they were the people she could always be true with, and she hated when she had to lie to them.
"There was nothing you could do." Cleo tried to comfort her, although Emma could hear the disappointment in her voice.
But she wasn't disappointed of Emma, oh no. She was just disappointed that now another person knows. Another person they need to keep close, and another person they have to trust. They were all disappointed, and they all just hoped that when the sun will rise tomorrow morning it'll all feel better.

SKIP

The following morning, Nash woke up in his bed, almost forgot about what happened last night. It was Saturday, and like every Saturday, he slept in. But unlike usually, this morning he woke up hearing noises. He got into his slippers and walked down. As he got down, he saw Will sitting in the living room next to his parents.
"Will? What are you doing here?" He asked, still waking up.
"Oh, I just thought we need to talk. You know, about yesterday." Will said, pointing with his eyes towards Nash's parents.
"Oh, um yeah sure. Let's talk outside." Nash said and walked Will to the door. They got out and Nash closed the door behind them.
"I already told you guys I wouldn't say a thing." Nash said, crossing his arms.
"Not that." Will said, and then looked around with his eyes to make sure no one listens. "I wanted to talk about the kiss."
Nash's eyes widened up. "Oh." He paused. "Yeah about that, I'm really sorry I don't know what got into me."
"So it meant nothing for you?" Will asked, a bit disappointed. He obviously wasn't into the idea of dating Nash, especially not behind Bella's back, but it would've felt nice if someone had a secret crush on him.
"No, no, absolutely not." Nash said. "Can't we just forget about it? It's obviously was some stupid, crazy, drunken idea."
"Yes, yes we can." Will said awkwardly, followed by an awkward silence.
"Good." Nash replied after the shirt silence.
"So are you into guys now or...?" Will laughed and Nash joined him.
"You don't get to pull that card on him!" Nash answered.t"Oh I don't?" Will sarcastically said.
"Don't you think I didn't see you enjoyed it!" Will laughed and started walking away, with a goofy smile on his face.
"Hey you know what's weird?" Nash called after him, before running up to him.
"Last night, when I got back, I noticed the box was gone."
"What box?" Will tried acting innocent.
"You know, the metal box I found."
"Yeah, well about that..." Will thought it couldn't get worse, since Nash already knows about the girls. He figured that it wouldn't heard nobody of Nash knew about the box as well.
"Last night, Cleo, Bella and Rikki went to your house and took it." Will confessed.
"What? Why?" Nash was confused.
"Well, they didn't tell me all the information, but I know it's a mermaid related thing."
"Oh, so now there are also mermaid-related things?" Nash joked.
"You know what, I don't know all about it, but you should talk to the girls." Will said. "Come to the café at 9, they'll tell you everything."