Chapter 16: The Girl

Kai was about to go out of his house to school when suddenly her maidservant came rushing to him and calling out his name.

"Sir Jong In! Your mom wants to talk to you!" His maidservant said as she handed to him the wireless telephone.

He snatched it from her hands. He narrowed his eyes to his maidservant. The maid knew what his eyes meant. She should have said that Kai already left the house. Kai with no choice reluctantly answered the phone.

"Yeoboseo?" Kai said.

"What is your problem?!" Her mother said almost shouting over the phone.

Kai pulled away slightly the phone from his ears then put it back. He hissed and rolled his eyes. "Here she goes again." He thought.

"Its just few weeks since your class started and you already have several absences? What is wrong with you? Can you please tell me when are you gonna be back with your senses?! Answer me!" Her mother pleaded.

"I'm sorry Mom." Kai said without sincerity.

"Sorry? For crying out loud Jong In! How many times will I hear those words from you! Grow up! MOVE ON!" Her mother blurted out.

As soon as he heard the words 'Move on', he put down the phone. He tossed the phone to the couch and went out of his house.

"You know it's not that easy Mom. You will never understand how it feels to be left alone." He thought.

-----------------------------------------------

You were on your way to your room, some students greeted you, some even thanked you for the Club Fair because they really liked it. As you entered your room, as usual Baekhyun and Lay greeted you 'Good Morning'. Lay asked about your cut on your forehead. You said that it didn't hurt anymore but it started to become itchy. Lay then told you that it's a good indication that your cut was already healing.

Chanyeol then came, he just smiled at the three of you. He didn't say a word. He just sat quietly.

"What is wrong with Chanyeol?" Baekhyun thought.

Ms. Kang then came. Everyone passed their home works. She also announced that next week will be the long preliminary examinations so everybody must review their lessons well.

Breaktime. You were with Baekyhun and Chanyeol, the three of you all ordered kimchichige for lunch. You and Baekhyun were talking about the Club Fair. Baekhyun was imitating how Macy sang at the karaoke. You were laughing so hard. Chanyeol was just smiling, he seemed to be quite today. Baekhyun then observed Chanyeol's behavior.

"Hey! You seemed to be so quiet today. Got a problem?" Baekhyun concernly asked.

You looked at him. You were sitting beside him while Baekhyun was alone at the other side of the table. Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol waiting for his answer.

Chanyeol was gathering his thoughts. He shook his head. "No I don't have any problem." He said and lamely smiled.

Baekhyun seemed not convinced, raised his brow and just continued eating.

You looked at Chanyeol. You placed your hands to his forehead. Chanyeol looked at you he was blushing again. "Are you sick?" You asked.

He put back your hands to your side. "No I am not sick. I just didn't have enough sleep last night. Don't worry about me okay?" He replied.

"Okay. Then have enough sleep for tonight hmm? I am not used to see you being so quiet." You said as you rubbed his shoulder and smiled.

He smiled. "I will. Thank you for your concern Minnie." He said.