When Girls Just Aren't Enough Chapter 9

Jeydon's POV

I honestly enjoyed living with Zane, he was an attentive and loving boyfriend. The only down side was he took care of ALL my needs and spoiled me rotten. That's when I decided to work at the night club, I needed a change of pace.

As he was getting ready to go to work I followed him sitting in the passenger seat. He gives me an inquisitive look and I smiled brightly.

"I've decided to work at the night club, I don't want to become a couch potato and constantly rely on you."

His lips contorted into a frown, "I'm sorry, but I can't allow you that."

My smile faltered, "What do you mean you can't allow me that?"

"Trust me this much when I say I can't let you work there."

"I'll just be wiping tables. All I'm coming in to do is clean! I don't see the harm in any of that!" I yelled. I was well aware that I was being a total dumbass, but the least he could do was give me a little more freedom.

Keeping composed he tilts up my chin, but I cast my eyes away from him and he lightly grabs the sides of my face between his palms forcing me to stare into his deep golden eyes. "I want you to know that I'm just looking out for you, I don't want you to get hurt or lose your life working at a night club made specifically for vampires." Melting in his eyes he gives me a sweet, tender kiss that leaves me on fire.

He breaks away and I'm snapped out of his enchanting love spell. He's so damn sly with a single kiss he could sway my feelings in just a flicker of a second, except of course I didn't plan on giving into him anytime soon.

"Nice try, but kisses can't always coax me into obediently listening to you."

He grabs my hand and looks me dead in the eye, "Please, just for me."

"Have fun at work."

A bright smile lights up his face and he pecks me on the forehead before I trudge out of the car. I wave him off and as soon as he's out of sight I hail a cab to take me to work. I couldn't be so dependent of him, plus it also hurt my pride that I was so unreliable.

After paying the cab fare I swing through the back door and go off to change. I grab a rag and fix my hair to wear it's hanging in my face to see if a simple trick could ever fool Zane's eyes, but of course it'd probably won't happen. Vampires were far too sharp for their own good, I thought bitterly. I slide past the counter hastily before a hand tightly grips my shoulder.

"Jeydon, why are you here?" Zane demanded calmly with a noticeable steel-like edge to his voice.

"Zane you just have to understand that I hate being so dependent on my man and that my pride will be crushed."

He nods although he looked quite hesitant he backed off quietly. He silently watches me as I clean the messes left by a few rowdy customers. At the moment I didn't see why he had to be so cautious, most of those vampires were enjoying their sweet little time without noticing me, their nice live walking meal.

I accidentally bump into someone and a woman turns around with a hostile glare and then her eyes brighten, a confident smile lights up her gorgeous face.

"Well, aren't you a cute one," she purrs. The woman pulls me close and I could feel her breath on my neck and I shuddered. I try to resist her but her grip is taut and I didn't have any strength as a human to push her away.

"I'm sorry but please refrain from laying your hands on this one."

I look up and feel my eyes slightly water at the sight. I hadn't expected to see him ever again. The woman clicks her tongue before reluctantly letting me go. Without a second thought I latched onto him in a hug before I even realize it. He slowly wraps his arms around me and then I remembered Zane, I pull away from the hug, not daring to look at him in the eye, I was scared to see what he was feeling. He abruptly grabs my arm and leads me away to where Zane was approaching us.

"What are you doing!? Are you insane?! Why did you let him come here?!" Vincent yelled.

"I'm respecting his wishes by letting him work here."

"Did you not see what just happened to him? Do you know how dangerous it is to let humans roam around here? He was almost killed!" Vincent seethed.

Not once had I ever seen him so worried about me, it seemed so uncharacteristic of him that I felt something like hope build in my chest and it was so awful, because I had Zane.

"I was watching him the entire time, I just couldn't get there quick enough before you could intervene, but can you please release him?"

Realization suddenly dawns on Vincent's face and he hastily withdraws his grasp on me. I stalk over to Zane standing at his side and entwine our fingers together, I quickly steal a glance over at Vincent. Though he had on a poker face the look in his eyes betrayed him revealing his true feelings.

My heart would've leapt right out of my chest and fell into his hands at this moment. There was only one thing holding me back, Zane. I had only one dilemma, do I stay with Zane or stay true to myself and go to Vincent?

Zane grabs my hand in his and squeezes it and I feel guilt flood through me. I thought I cared for him, but what kept me attached to him was that one night in his arms.

Vincent quietly watched taking notice of everything with a frown prominent on his face. "I was too late," he laughs bitterly before turning his back on us and leaves and my heart throbbed with pain at the obvious hurt.

We both watch his retreating back and Zane grabs me, placing a sweet kiss on my forehead before returning back to the bar to serve more drinks. I wish I could say I was torn between the two, but I knew, I didn't love Zane.

Work blows by with ease for the rest of the night but there's only one thing on my mind, Vincent.

I follow Zane to his car silently the only sound were the pads of my feet hitting the cement.

"I think you should leave."

"What?" I asked not hearing correctly.

"I saw how close you were to him..." His knuckles became white from how taut his grip on the steering wheel was.

"There's nothing going on between us."

"I saw the way you looked at him, hope and desire was all I saw," he whispers painfully.

"He never felt anything from the start."

"That wasn't what it looked like and you know it," he growled. Suddenly the gentle Zane was slowly becoming the big green monster.

"So you have no faith in me anymore?"

He turns to me and lets out a sigh, "I just don't want you to leave me..."

"Who said I would?" I softly whispered. There was no way he'd look in my way now after a month of separation.

"Then tell me this, do you love me?"

I chewed on my bottom lip, the silence was all too evident.

He throws a handful of cash at me before speeding away.

Well at least I now have money for a cab... The question is, where do I go now?