Nine.

I'm on deck yeah, I'm up next, tonight I'm high as a private jet

~~ Two months later - Armin's POV ~~

It had felt like years since Serena left, I was in love but I feel indifferent about it now, I don't look for her when I hear her name being called on the street, I don't go all lovey when I think about her sparkling eyes, I don't feel anything about her anymore. Like I mentioned before, I feel indifferent about her now. Since she left, everyday felt the same, it felt boring, unfulfilling. But today felt strange, I felt a feeling I hadn't felt in a while, hope. I walked along the top of wall with Eren, the sky wasn't its usual grey self today, it was a vibrant blue with no clouds covering it's beauty. I got to a certain point on the wall and sat down on the edge, my feet dangling off of the side, while Eren walked on, goofing about. Suddenly, I felt a slight jerk in the wall and heard a tiny crumbling noise which was followed by the sound of creaking rope, I quickly stood up and looked around, but I lost my balance, my eyesight blurred, I felt my body tilt over the edge until a hand reached out, grabbed me and pulled me in. "Going somewhere?" An unfamiliar voice asked, when I regained my eyesight, I saw it belonged to a girl, she had (h/l) (h/c) hair, beautiful (e/c) eyes, and a smile to die for. "So are you going to say something or are you just going to stare at me?" She smirked.

I shook myself out of my trance and said, "Thank you.. For saving me just then. I'm Armin."

She grabbed my hand and shook it, "(F/N), nice to meet you Armin."

I couldn't stop staring at her, she was so beautiful. "How did you get up here?"

"Climbed it," she grinned, pointing to the harness and ropes that magically appeared out of nowhere, "I don't particularly like heights but guards wouldn't let me in."

"Why won't they let you in?"

"I'm a criminal, back in my hometown I stole from the rich to give to the poor... And a little for myself." She giggled naughtily, before sitting down the edge of the wall. "Come, sit down with me, try not to fall this time though."

I sat myself down carefully next to her, we talked for hours but it felt like seconds, it was like I knew her my whole life and it was just like catching up with an old friend. I told her about Serena and she comforted me, and I think in that moment, I fell in love again. "Oh crap!" She shouted, "I got to go Armin, but could I see you again soon?" She rushed over to her ropes and harness.

I sighed, disappointed she had to leave, "Sure, meet me here, same time tomorrow?"

"I'd love to." She uttered, adjusting the harness around her waist.

"Are you sure you have to go right now?" I asked with a hopeful tone in my voice.

"Believe me," She smirked as she tied the ropes to a little candle hook at the edge of the wall, "If was up to me, I could've have stayed there with you forever. See you soon." She attached the rope onto the harness and slowly stepped onto the side of the wall, I watched her climb down and run off into the distance. I knew at that moment I was definitely in love again. Whether it be for long was a different matter.

THANK YOU FOR READING.

THE MIGHTY GRAND THEFT AUTUMN - A mashup sequel to Alone Together, coming soon!