Seven. (TW)

-- This may be a trigger warning, it contains themes of joking about addiction and suicide, a horrible topic but part of the story nonetheless, if I offend anyone, I apologise in advance. Stay safe --

It's not funny anymore, no it's not.

~~ A day later ~~

"Are you ready to see the guys again?" Armin enquired with a loving hand squeeze. Last night we spent the night together, since we hadn't seen each other for over a month, and we really missed each other, and I mean really missed each other. So today was going to be the first time I show my face around this joint in what felt like a long while.

I looked down and enthused, "As ready as I'll ever be." I was actually dreading seeing everyone again, what if they judge me? What if they kick me out out of the survey corps? I sucked up my fear and started to march towards my destination.

We walked into the dinner hall together, and a roar of applause filled the hall, a few voices shouted, "Go Rena!" and "We knew you could it!"

We sat on our regular table with Eren, Mikasa, Marco, Jean, Sasha, Connie and, for some reason, Ymir. "Hey guys." I grinned. Everybody but Ymir seemed happy to see us, she had a face like a pouting baby, and she stunk of alcohol.

While biting into a piece of bread, Sasha gushed,"Wow, you're so brave! Both of you are!" Armin clutched my hand tightly, as a form of affection and pride, Ymir rolled her eyes at this point and I became worried.

Jean added, "Glad you're okay Serena, I don't think we could have put up with Armin worrying anymore." He chuckled nervously, and tried to convince me that he was just concerned about my safety. I noticed Ymir tut and my anxiety skyrocketed.

"So Serena, what was it like in rehab?" Eren asked, brushing some hair out of his eyes and wiping some crumbs away from the corner of his mouth.

"Food was nice, the people there nicer, except from the doctors sometimes." I replied, moving a few pieces of my dark hair behind my ears.

Ymir growled, "Only because they wouldn't give you your fix."

"What?" Mikasa gasped, anger burned her grey eyes.

"You heard me, she's junkie scum." Ymir snarled, slurring her words and slamming her fist down onto the table. My eyes opened wide in fear and shock, what have I ever done to her? My eyes started watering, I tried to blink back the tears but it didn't work. "Hey guys, listen. How many addicts does it take to light a candle? Just one, they just hold the candle and the world revolves around them!" A silence swept over the room. "Or what about this one, why do addicts make crap dancers? Because they lose interest after twelve steps!"

The room stayed perfectly still until Mikasa stormed over to Ymir, slapped her and yelled, "Ymir, what the hell is wrong with you?"

"What's wrong with me?! What's wrong with you guys?! Serena and Armin, brave? Please! I've seen more bravery in a mouse! Why didn't anyone call me brave when Krista died?! Serena didn't die, she took too many pills, that's not bloody bravery. She's a coward, can't you guys see that she tried to kill herself?!"

"Why would she do that?!"

"Attention, she loves it! Look at her, she's turning on the waterworks to make us feel sorry for her! Forget this, I'm out of here." And with that, Ymir wobbled out.

I sat there for a while, wiping away tears. Armin, still sat next to me, enclosed me in his arms and held me close, rubbing my back and whispering kind things every now and again. "Are you okay Rena?" Jean asked, leaning over the table to try and comfort us.

"I am a coward, aren't I?" I quietly asked.

"Barely." Jean replied, smoothing my shoulder. "Shes just drunk, she doesn't know what she's talking about. I think you should go home, get some rest."

My heart is like a stallion, they love it more when it's broken

~~ One hour later ~~

I led in bed staring at the ceiling for what felt like forever, Armin led next to me, unsure on what to say. "I would go talk to her but she's a big scary lady." He uttered, hiding his face in embarrassment.

"I don't expect you to babe," I sniffled, pulling him close, "I love you."

"I love you too, are you sure that there's nothing I could do?" He asked, playing with my hair.

"I'm sure Armin... She really upset and hurt me."

"I know, but this is Ymir we are talking about. She's never been the same since Historia, but that doesn't mean she's allowed to treat you the way that she did." We talked for a good few hours after, then I felt myself pass out after that, and so did Armin.

Do you wanna feel beautiful, yeah?

-- The "poem" is lyrics from the song Hey Thanks by The Wonder Years, I don't own it in anyway, its a great song, check it out --

~~ Morning ~~

I rolled over to find Armin, lightly snoring and drooling. "Hey Armin, wake up." I whispered, he rubbed his eyes and opened his eyes, he greeted me with the usual 'good morning babe' and a kiss on the forehead. "Hey, I found a poem that reminded me of you when I was in rehab." I revealed, sitting up.

He sat up, his eyes widened in excitement, he enthused, "Really? A poem? Can I hear it?"

I cleared my throat, and recited it, "Hey thanks for everything, for putting up with me when I get cranky, I know I'm such a pain, and you think that I'm angry but I think that you're sad, we know it's not so bad here living the life we have, so hey thanks for not hating me, when I wake you up at eight in the morning, because I lost the keys, and yeah thanks for staying in with me, I know you'd probably rather be out drinking, and you think that I'm angry but I think that you're sad, we know it's not so bad here living the life we have so hey thanks."

Armin stared at me with love in his bright eyes, he pressed his lips against mine and praised, "Thank the high heavens for blessing me with you."