I'm Not a Vegetarian

♥♥♥Alright, here's the next chapter! Also, I didn't even edit this one a little bit. Usually I try to, but I couldn't this time. Sorry! Hope there aren't too many hideous mistakes!♥♥♥

Levy' P.O.V

 Quinn seemed okay for the next week. I had crept back into her room that night, even though she had said I could go back to mine. I wasn’t sure if I went back over there because of the look in her eyes when I was leaving earlier, or for my own peace of mind, but either way, I went back and woke up in the morning with Quinn curled against my chest.

 The day after our trip to the city, she had seemed a little off, but that was expected. We went out to the field where we kissed for the first time, she helped me fix the sin wagon, and we watched the twins tried to dance to N*SYNC with the help of Josie and Sully, who seemed to be back on track. The twins must have kept their mouths shut about me and Quinn, because no one said anything to us. We had talked about telling them a couple days earlier, but we weren’t sure. There was a rule against foster kids dating each other, and I didn’t know if I would be able to handle not being with Quinn. It seemed as natural as breathing, to be with her. So we kept it quiet. But we both knew that it was just a matter of time before Maria caught on. Mark was so unobservant,  we weren’t too worried about him.

Then, a little over a week since our trip to the city, Maria called Quinn and I over the intercom. We were sitting in my room, playing monopoly on my bed. Quinn sat across from me cross legged, her blond hair over one shoulder. She twirled a piece of it around her finger as she thought about which of my properties to steal next. We had been at it all day, and Quinn was ruthless. I reminded myself never to play board games with her again.

We looked at each other when we heard Maria, and Quinn raised a slow eyebrow.

“Gee, wonder what this is about.” She said softly, and I nodded. She bit her lip, and I could see her struggling to keep up the sarcastic façade.

“What if she tells us we cant…you know, be together.” She asked sheepishly. I studied her, but she wouldn’t meet my gaze.

“When was the last time we followed a rule?” I asked, hoping to see her smile. It worked, and a small smile spread across her face.

“Good point.” She said, standing up. We slowly made our way down the hall towards Maria’s study, where she had told us to go. Quinn took my hand, and I knew that even if Maria wasn’t about to talk to us about…us, then she would be finding out.

I didn’t bother to knock, just opened the door and went in, followed closely by Quinn. Maria was sitting behind her desk, her dark brown hair pulled into a tight bun, her glasses resting on the bride of her nose. She looked up when we came in, and smiled a little. Maria wasn’t a harsh person, but she would follow the rules.

“Levy, Quinn.” She said, smiling and standing up. We didn’t say anything, and I glanced down at Quinn. Her shoulders were straight, her face set in her usual stubborn expression, showing no fear, as usual. I almost smiled, then looked back at Maria as she sat on the edge of her large, shiny desk. She sighed and took off her glasses.

“Guys, I would have to be blind to not see what’s going on between you.” She said, looking at us with raised eyebrows. We remained silent. “And it’s forbidden for foster kids to date each other. It’s a widely excepted rule.” She said, and I tensed a little.

“Maria, if you tell us-” Quinn started,  an edge to her voice, but Maria cut her off.

But, if anyone asks, I see nothing.” She said. It took me a minute to absorb what she said. Quinn smiled at her. “I’m not an idiot; I’ve read Romeo and Juliet, and I know that neither of you are going to listen to me anyways. I think that rule is useful, however. Are you two sure about this? Because if things go south…” she said, trailing off. We both knew what she was going to say, but looking down at Quinn, with her shoulders set and her stormy gray eyes determined, I was sure.