A Not-So Cinderella Story

♥♥♥NEXT CHAPTER!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you guys like this one, and don't worry, I AM actually leading up to something here. I promise there's a point;)♥♥♥

“This will kill me.”

“No it wont, I’m spotting.”

“Me too!”

I looked at Liam, then at Nicco, then at the silver bar above me. “I’m going to die if I lift this.” I said, and they chuckled in unison. Creepy. “You aren’t gonna die, lass, trust us.” Nicco said reassuringly.

“Yeah, trust us.” Liam added, and I rolled my eyes, thin gripped the bar rightly. I’m going to die, I’m going to die, I chanted in my head. Am I tough? Am I smart? Am I mentally strong? Yes. Am I physically strong? Not so much. Don’t get me wrong, I can beat the crap out of just about anyone, but I’m more of the evasive maneuver, quick duck dodge kind of fighter. Its effective, though. So my upper arm muscles were sadly under developed. The twins had vowed to that change that after watching me struggle with a  pickle jar for five minutes the previous day.

“Alright, go.” Liam said, his accent adding a strange lilt to the words. He stood above my head, his hands hovering under the bar in case of the very likely possibility that I wasn’t strong enough to hold it.

“It really isn’t that much.” Nicco said, standing by my side. I ignored him and ground my teeth together, pushing the bar slowly up, letting my breath out in a big whoosh.

And thus began the worst half hour of my life. After that stupid bar we moved onto various other work out stations, and I began to curse Maria and Mark for putting a full gym in.

“Why are you doing this to me?” I whined, collapsing onto a blue mat on the floor. The twins stood above me, humor in their eyes.

“We saw the way you huffed and puffed after that run the other day. Time to get you into shape!” Liam cheered, and I scowled at him.

“What’re you doing?”

The twins jumped and I sat up on my elbows to look at Levy, who was standing a few feet away, looking amused. The twins grinned at him.

“Just a little fitness training for our girl here.” Nicco said, and Levy raised an eyebrow, looking at me.

“Fitness training?”

“Shut up.”

He laughed and put one hand in his pocket. “Max is gonna go watch a marathon of the first season of The Walking Dead. You guys up for it?” he asked, looking at us.

“Nooo way. Zombie’s give Liam nightmares.” Nicco said, nudging his brother. Liam scowled.

“They’re dead people coming to life. What part of that isn’t scary?” he demanded, making me laugh. I slowly got to my feet.

“I’ll join, just let me get changed.” I said, walking towards him and ignoring the twins scoffs at my lack of enthusiasm for exercise. Yeah, no thanks. I’d just take the heart attack.  Levy smiled a little.

“You gonna get nightmares from this?” he teased as we walked towards the stairs to go to the theatre. I snorted.

“Puh-lease.  Zombies are the best.” I said, and he chuckled.

“I worry about you sometimes.” He said, and I laughed, then opened the door to my room to get changed. Levy followed me right in.

“I’m getting changed.” I pointed out. He flopped down on my bed, grinning evilly at me.