4 // Mixed Emotions

I pulled away, looking down as I breathed heavily. He did the same, clenching my hair in his fists. I had shallow breaths, and he pressed his forehead against mine. The room felt as if it had grown to be hot as hell. My hands clamped around his wrists, and I pulled his hands away. He wouldn't let me move, just looked at me as he tried to read my mind.

I did my best to block all of my thoughts from the sheet of tears that covered my eyes. His eyes flashed a threatening red, and I took a step back. His gaze snapped away, and as I stuck my hands in my back pockets, he ran his fingers through his hair. He had obviously been shaken by the kiss. I swallowed deeply, confirming my greatest fear.

I had just become his anchor.

My gaze shot over out the door, to see Scott with his lopsided jaw wide open, and Stiles shifting uncomfortably. They had obviously seen us, and I turned bright red as I hid my face in Derek's chest. He turned, holding me close as I felt his heartbeat race. I leaned out, cupping his face in my hands.

"Relax." I pleaded.

"McCall, Stilinski, scram." he spat.

Once they left, I stood there in his arms for a few minutes. I couldn't decide if what I had just done was a good thing or a bad thing.

"What is it?" Derek whispered, staring at me intently as he ran his fingers through my dirty blonde hair.

"Nothing, it's just..." I murmured, placing my hand over his heart. I looked up at him, at how conflicted and confused he was right now. "That was my um...my first kiss." I looked away at the last part, embarrassed. I heard him chuckle, and looked up to a smile.

"Bryn, that's nothing to be ashamed of." He said, tucking my hair behind my ear. "I'm actually kind of glad."

His selfish side peeked out again, wanting me all to himself. He had never let me play with his sister when we were little, and he wouldn't approve of any previous or future lovers either. Some things never change about people, I suppose. These days, I couldn't blame him if he didn't want to let me near anyone else. He had lost everyone but his past but me, and I couldn't complete that domino effect.

"I um...I'm going to go take a walk." I murmured.

As I walked out into the sunlight, I let it soak into my skin. I felt a hand rest on my shoulder, and turned to a nervous Derek. His pulse was quickened; it hadn't slowed down following the kiss. Tucking my hair behind my ears, I looked up at him in concern.

"Just...be safe." He murmured, turning to leave.

I didn't try to stop him, because we were both still trying to comprehend the kiss. I was surprised when I emerged into the street and Scott was there. There was a girl on his arm, beautiful with glimmering brown curls and a smile.

"Hey, Scott." I plastered a smile on my face and tried to turn away. The girl grabbed my arm, and I turned in surprise.

"I'm Allison." she smiled.

"Bryn." I replied coolly.

"Scott told me about your...situation. I'd be happy to lend you some fresh clothes and a shower." she smiled weakly.

I shot a look to Scott, wondering why he was trying to help me.

"Allison, can I talk to her alone for a minute?" he sensed my uneasiness.