Home...at last

Well, although the help of the nurses at the hospital was great and all, it was all gone to fast. Beau and I were finally home, where we belonged with our girls. Ella and Clarissa were sleeping in their cribs, which were in their brand new nursery, which I had no idea they were going to have.

I came back from the hospital and it turns out that mine and Beau's parents had spent the last 5 days working on the guest bedroom to make it into a joint nursery in one of the rooms of the apartment above the garage, for the girls. All equipped with the gifts that I received from the school baby shower just a couple of weeks ago, which seemed like forever ago. But now the guest bedroom was a princess pink color with all new bedding for the cribs and new curtains and everything. Mom and Dad must have done some shopping while I was in the hospital.

The first week at home went okay, Beau was off because of his leg, but it was Monday again and Beau was required to go back to school. I had had help this past week with the girls with Beau being home so I'm kind of scared to be home all alone with the girls. We were

"Mom?Are you still home?"I called down the hall from the nursery, trying to be quiet because I was holding Ella.

"Yes Anna, what do you need?"She asked.

"Well, I was wondering if you could possibly stay home, just for today, to help take care of the girls when I need it. It will give you some time to get some sleep to."I said, adding a pouty face, not that she could see me.

"Anna, you know that you are going to have to get used to taking care of the girls alone."She replied.

"I know that. That's why I said 'only when I need it.' You can sleep in the meantime because I know you've gotten about as much sleep as me."I explained.

"I guess one day off from work couldn't hurt especially being able to sleep."Mom replied.

"Thank you mom!I love you."I yelled to mom

"Love you too honey. I'm gonna call into work and then go back to bed." Mom said, heading down the stairs.

I laid Ella back into her crib after feeding her. Singing softly as she drifted to sleep. I had noticed over the past couple of days that Ella always curled up when she slept. Even cradled in blankets she would always find a way. Clarissa was exactly the oppostie tho, she always slept basically flat on her back with her pink baby blanket laying over her legs and long torso. When Ella was alseep I went and checked on Clarissa. She was stretching in her crib, her mouth creating a long oval as she yawned. She opened her eyes and stared at me when she looked up. I grabbed her out of her crib taking her downstairs to the dinning room where my mom was sitting.

"Hey mom, I thought you were going back to sleep."I said, suprised she was still awake.

"Well, I tried but I couldn't fall back asleep. I'm to used to waking up early. But it is nice to be able to sit down and enjoy my coffee," she replied, then looking at a now wide awake Clarissa in my arms.

"Can I?"Mom asked, reaching out to Clarissa.

"Of course mom. You don't have to ask you know," I said, handing Clarissa to her. "I'm gonna go back upstairs. I'll be in my room. I'll be back out soon to check on the girls. Love you mom, and thanks for handling everything so well." I said, looking at mom with a grateful face.

"Of course honey, anything you ever need I will always be here. Love you too."

Since Beau's leg was still healing we were staying in the main house so that my parents could help us adjust. So as I headed back upstairs, I went to my room and layed down on my bed, which was covered in baby clothes and my own clothes that I haven't had the chance to pack up to move to the apartment yet.. Beau had been staying at his house at night because of his leg so I had no reason to clean anything up, but tonight he was coming back here to be with and the girls. I decided I better clean and pack up my stuff.