Chapter 2

********************************************************

♥ Call a girl beautiful and she remembers it forever ♥

────── Julia's POV ──────

It's been already two weeks since the death of Michelle, and since I've received that message from Julian, and one week since I've replied to him at once that day, saying I was sorry for the very late reply, and at the same time, thanking him for his concern.

Our conversation that day after I'd read his long message went like this:

--

Julia: Hi! :) I'm really sorry for the very late reply. I was busy this week. And thank you for your concern! :) Your message is the longest one I've read. I really appreciate the things you've said there. Thank you once again :)

Julian: Oh hello :) That's ok. I fully understand your situation. You were busy crying your eyes out, weren't you?

Julia: Oh. Um. Yeah. I was. I've been a crybaby ever since everything took place.

Julian: Oh really? Well, I'm sure you'll get over it somehow. Are you feeling okay now?

Julia: Considering the fact that knowing how many people expressed their concern about me made me smile, yeah, I'm a little okay by now. :)

Julian: That's good. I hope you'll be okay in the next few days to come. Don't let tears come down that angelic face of yours. ;)

(I couldn't believe it. He just told me I had an angelic face. I wasn't sure what to reply to him.)

Julia: Oh. Um. Thanks :)

Julian: You're welcome :) I hope we can be friends from now on.

Julia: You do?

Julian: Yes I do. :) Is it okay?

Julia: Yeah, of course it is. But...

Julian: But?

Julia: Nothing. :)

Julian: Come on. Tell me. :)

Julia: It's just that we haven't met personally yet. No offense there, alright?

Julian: That's okay. None taken. :) I know you're having doubts right now. You don't trust me, right?

Julia: It's not like that. I mean...

(Oh God. How can I respond to that? I might be hurting his feelings right now. I sent the message without completing it.)

Julian: Oh, don't worry. I'm not hurt or anything. :) I understand you. Can I suggest something? :)

Julia: Sure. What is it?

Julian: What if we meet up on the first day of school?

(I stared at my laptop screen as I read his message. Should I say yes? Omg. I didn't... *ting!* He sent another message before I could think of a reply.)

Julian: I could wait for you by the school gate, you know. That's what I meant. :)

Julia: Oh. Sure. I'll be the one coming down from a black car.

(Mom told me that I can't walk to school anymore because I don't have a companion and I just agreed. Michelle's been my only companion for probably 12 years by now. But she isn't here now, and I don't have to rub it in.)

Julian: Don't worry, I know you. I bet you don't know me, huh?

Julia: Actually, I do. I just don't talk to you or anything because I didn't think you knew me. :)