OFFICIAL TEASER

OFFICIAL TEASER

------

"You have to let me go."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. My head wanted to explode. I wanted to shout. I wanted to cry and kick and

throw tantrums.

But I couldn't. I need to face him.

"What? Why?"

"You heard me. And you don't have to know why."

"Yes I do."

"No, you don't."

"Yes I do."

"NO. You don't."

I could feel him trying not to be cold in replying, but I wasn't about to give up that easily.

"Yes I do."

"You're being stubborn again."

"That's the way I am. Stubborn," I told him.

"Then stop being the way you are. You don't need to know anything."

"Stop being the way I am? But you were the one who told me to be the way I am──"

"I know. And I regret telling you that. I didn't know it would..."

He didn't finish his sentence and I tried my best not to let the tears escape my eyes.

"You... regret it? But..."

"I know. I'm sorry."

"What's happening to you?" My voice was quavering. But I didn't care. I wanted to know why he acted so different all of a sudden.

"Nothing. I..." He didn't finish it again. This time, I'm not letting it go.

"You what?"

He hesitated for a moment. Then he spoke. "I just realized something."

"Something?"

"Yes."

"What something?"

"That you shouldn't trust me."

His words hit me hard. I shouldn't trust him?!

"Why shouldn't I? You were the one who told me to trust you──" He didn't let me finish what I was saying.

"I never told you to trust ME."

The coldness in his voice made me want to break down and sob like a baby. But I didn't want to do that in front of him.

"I just told you that you should learn how to trust other people. Not just one person," he added.

"And I did," I said. I trusted him. I trusted him when he told me that I should learn how to trust other people too.

"You did. And I'm proud of you." My heart leaped up when I heard that. But it sank again as he continued talking. "But you chose to trust the wrong person."

"You're not the wrong person," I said.

"Yes, I am. You shouldn't trust me. Please." Was he pleading?! Oh God. I couldn't stand him when he was pleading.

"Why?"

"I have reasons."

"And I want to hear them."

"You don't──"

"Yes I do. And nothing you ever say will change my mind," I said stubbornly.

He sighed. "You are one stubborn girl, alright."

I nodded and crossed my arms, waiting for him to start explaining. I stood there staring at him. He stared back intently. I could feel the tension building up between us. We were silent for half a minute or so when he chose to break it.

"Fine. You really wanna know why? Then I'll tell you why. It's because when you trusted me, you fell for me. And no matter how many times you deny it, I just know you did. And you can't fall for me. You just can't..."

My heart broke into a thousand pieces and I could feel something weigh down from inside me. My chest felt heavy and the tears I've been trying to hold back fell.

God damn this. No matter how hard you try to be strong, I figured that you'll always be weak in front of the person you love.

------