Chapter Two: Merry Christmas, Kiss My Belly

"I treated you so nicely to jewelry and champagne..."

Over the next few weeks, Christmas was right around the corner and I was not prepared. I only ever bought one present over the last two years and it was for Ethan. I didn't know what to get him.

And I was always throwing up and feeling sick, I didn't know why.

But shopping was hard, especially if your always throwing up left and right. I took a day off to gather my bearings and go to the doctors. Ethan said if I didn't he would drag me there himself.

"Is there a Katherine Reeds?" I got up and made my way towards a plump nurse who lead me down the hall and into a room where my doctor was waiting. She gave me a big smile.

"Hey Katie, what seems to be the matter? Are you falling apart at 24?" She joked.

"Ha ha, very funny," I retorted, "but lately I've been getting sick left and right. And I think my period is a bit late. I don't know what's wrong. Maybe I am falling apart at 24." I laughed lightly. My doctor, whose name was Dr. Emily Torres, looked at me as if I've grown two heads.

And then she laughed at me. She laughed at me hard. Like, to the point where I thought she was going to cough up a lung.

After regaining her composure, she asked "Have you been sexually act- oh screw it. Did you have sex within the last couple of weeks?" I blushed heavily and mumbled a 'yeah.'

"Why?" I questioned.

"I thought you were smarter than this," Emily sighed, "go pee in this cup." She handed me a cup and directed me to the bathroom.

Once that was done, I handed her the cup and she gave it to a nurse. We made small talk until the results came in.

"Ah, just as I thought. Merry Christmas, Katie. Oh wait, rather merry Christmas, Mommy." She handed me the results and left the room, saying I could leave too.

I couldn't believe the results. How did this happen? I mean, I knew how it happened, but I was still filled with shock.

I, Katherine Ann Reeds, was pregnant.

~X~

The next day I went back to work, still with my simple morning routine. I, even after two years, I couldn't fathom why we had work on Christmas Eve. As soon as I entered the office, I was bombarded with questions from a certain brunette.

"Are you okay? What did the doctor say? Are you dying?!" I sighed.

"Ethan, I'm okay. We'll talk about it later." I wasn't upset at the fact that I was pregnant, I was rather elated.

"Alright," he relented, "but can you come over tonight? I know you have no one else to spend it with, so why not spend it with your boyfriend?" He wrapped his arms around my waist and I giggled.

"Okay." The rest of the day went on as normal until we were finally able to leave at 10:30. We had to stay late because the building was closed tomorrow and we needed to finish the extra work.

We split and I went home to get changed. I threw on a red long sleeved shirt with thumb holes in it that said "Merry Christmas, Kiss My Ass" in white, a black skirt, black boots, and a Santa hat. I loved wearing hats whenever I could. I put on mascara and red lipstick and I was out the door.

On my way to Ethan's house, I listened to Christmas music. Not the traditional holiday kind, but the awesome kind. Like "Merry Christmas, Kiss My Ass" by All Time Low and stuff like that.

Once there, my stomach filled with butterflies, or nausea because of the baby. I knocked on the door and this time, I was met by Ethan himself.

"Hi, welcome to the Schneider Household, we have been expecting you," I think he was trying to be creepy.