Behind The Yellow Line

Climbing out of the window had been easy; scaling the train's side? Not so much.

Cynthia began to regret having brought Marc into all of this: the kid was barely holding on!

Not surprising really, he'd had 1 and 3/4 days to adjust to having had his hand removed.

Which was now promptly leaking blood from beneath bloody bandages.

"Fuck sake," Cynthia groaned. She unzipped her hoodie and climbed onto the top of the train. Marc followed her as swiftly as he could. Once there they gripped onto the railing that was there, Cynthia took Marc's hoodie and securely tied it around his waist whilst having her foot hooked into the makeshift safety bar.

It was very painful.

She tied her own hoodie around her waist and then tied the sleeve of hers to one of Marc's. Finally she managed to unhook her foot and hang on with her - now aching - arms.

The men in black hadn't followed them.

They knew they would probably end up flying off the train.

It was just a shame they'd lost Marc's taser...

Speaking of which, Marc wasn't holding up too well.

His face was ashen and pale; his lips blue with the cold biting wind; his eyelids were tightly closedand his eyes fluttered beneath; tiny beads of sweat creeping down his translucent skin.

Cynthia could see every vein.

In trepidation she looked for his stump.

She found it.

He held it close to his chest, the scarlet liquid had become less viscous and was seeping through his t-shirt. They would have to make a detour to the hospital.

Or rather Marc would.

She could carry on with her mission.

She could find the bastards who sent her the e-mail.

She was sure it was a trick now.

She knew it possibly couldn't have been sent by -

Marc stirred fitfully. His whimpers of pain just passing through his lips.

...

Her maternal instincts won out.

She would take him to hospital.

She would make sure he was given proper medical attention.

She would give him company.

She wouldn't leave him behind.

He couldn't betray her if she was watching...