Chapter 8

Nash POV

"Let's hear it," Cameron said, closing the door and sitting on his bed. I sighed.

"There's nothing to talk about, Cam," I said. He smirked.

"Really? So the fact that you were just cuddling with Sky's babysitter means nothing to you?" He asked. I shook my head.

"She was scared."

"Okay, and how about earlier when you said you didn't want her to get hurt again?"

"I was just protecting her! It's what friends do!"

"And when you sat in the hospital room until she woke up?"

"This is ridiculous. I wanted to make sure she was okay, something friends also do."

"And when you first met her and you memorized her number?" He asked. I didn't have an excuse for that one.

"How the hell do you know about that?" I asked. He smirked.

"You think I'm not going to read your texts to a cute girl? You're wrong." He said. I rolled my eyes. "So? What about that? Or how about when she came into the lobby with her dress on and all you could do was stare at her?" He asked.

"Cam, what I think doesn't really matter, Okay? She clearly likes Matt."

"I don't know about that." He said.

"Well, I do. They spent a whole day together on the beach. She likes him."

"Well, do you like her?"

"It doesn't matter! Look, I'm going to sleep. Just, please, no more questions?" I asked. He sighed and nodded, lying down. I thought about what Cameron had said for a long time before I fell asleep.

Ava POV

I woke up later than usual, sighing as I sat up. I looked over at Sky's bed, my eyes widening as I saw an empty bed. I patted down my bed until I found my phone, opening it quickly.

Matthew Espinosa: Don't freak out, we have Sky. We're down getting breakfast now, and we're going straight to Magcon after that. Nash had a long night, so he's probably still asleep. Wake him up before twelve, get breakfast, and he'll know how to get to Magcon. It starts at 1:30, I'll see you guys there!

I sighed, holding my hand over my chest, and set my phone down. It was eleven now, so I quickly took a shower and picked out an outfit. As I looked at the tank top and jeans I laid out, I sighed, knowing I should dress a little bit better for Magcon. I looked through my closet and pulled out a flowy black crop top with a skirt. I quickly curled my hair with a straightener, spraying a little bit of hairspray on it. I brushed my teeth quickly, grabbing my phone and heading to Nash's room. I smiled as I saw him sprawled out on his stomach, his hair a mess, only in boxers. '

"Nash, wake up," I whispered gently. Nothing.

"Nash," I said a little bit louder, walking over to him. Nothing. I sighed and sat on his bed, putting a hand on his bare back and shaking him gently.

"Nash, wake up," I said, quietly again. He groaned and lifted his head, turning to me and lying back down.

"Morning." He said in a cute morning voice. I smiled.

"Good morning, sleeping beauty," I said with a small laugh. He grinned sleepily and ran a hand through his disheveled hair.

"What time is it?" He asked. I looked at my phone.

"Eleven forty­five," I told him. He sighed and rolled onto his back, sitting up.

"Where's everybody else?" He asked. I smiled.