Chapter Nineteen

Top Commenters: BecomingApocalypse
And imbatmanxx

Word Count: 1775

~Mara

"You look...Tense, this morning," Alpha Grayson observed from beside me. I clenched my jaw and glared at him.

"I'm not," I mutter.

As a matter of fact, I am very tense. No matter how hard I try, I can't get last night out of my head. For once, Kaden is pushed the back of my consciousness, and I'm left to concentrate on who my mate is.

Whoever he is, I'm mad at him. He left me, on the brink of an orgasm like some sort of game. And now, it's put me in a bit of a bad mood.

"I'm an Alpha, Mara, we can easily read people," he says.

We walk side by side into the forest. Today, he's dressed, which is a relief. His gift of a dagger is clutched tightly in my hand. Today, he is going to teach me how to fight.

I sigh deeply. "My mate visited me last night."

His eyes widen in surprise. Perhaps he could help me find out who this elusive man is.

"And? Who is he?" He questioned. He sounded just as surprised as I felt. My mate is in the Freedom Pack, right now, and I don't even know who he is. It makes me shiver.

"That's the thing...I don't know," I say breathily.

Grayson looks utterly confused by that.

"It was dark...He didn't say a word to me. He just-"

I break off, not wanting to continue. I've grown to like Alpha Grayson, but there are some things that I don't really want to share with him. He glances at me expectantly.

"He what?"

"Just visited, touched me, and then left again," I tell him. I'm not used to lying, but lately I've been having to do it a lot. After last night, I'm mentally reminding myself to pray for my sins. The Moon Goddess can't be happy with me right now.

"We will track him, don't worry," Grayson says warmly. I smile gratefully at him. Good, I can't let this man escape my clutches, especially after what he did to me last night.

We walk awhile longer. The sun is out, and extra hot today, so we stick under the trees. The shade against my skin feels nice, and I try use this sense of freedom as a way to clear my thoughts for a moment.

Until I see it.

One piece of paper, stapled against the base of the tree, makes me freeze.

Grayson sees it too, as he glances at me, before wandering closer. I swallow, knowing exactly what it is before I even have to get close.

A poster. Of me. My face takes up most of the paper, but the picture is not just any picture of me. It is of me last night. I sit upon the bed, my mate just a shadow at the edge of the bed. I stare at him, my eyes wide and bright. The moonlight is the only thing illuminating my face.

Stomach in my throat, I rip the paper from its place of the tree. Underneath the incriminating photo of me, is bold, black text.

Worth The Sin?

Suddenly, I'm filled with an overwhelming sense of fear; like I'm being watched. Spinning around, breathing heavily, and going paler by the second, I gaze around, only to see Grayson staring at me in worry.