Chapter Three

Word Count: 1646

~Mara

Kace eyes me silently, not saying a word.

I match his gaze. Why is he here? I don't care about some sort of brother that he has. His existence only bothers me if he's going not to get me out of here.

"You better get used to him," Kaden says. I don't know why Kaden is hiding his face from me, when Kace is flaunting his. Curiosity digs at the back of my mind, willing me to question him about his identity.

"Why?" I snap.

"Because you're to be his wife..."

My jaw drops.

Kace smirks, looking smug. He had planned this. He wanted a Purity Pack member as a wife, to abuse, and degrade. I can see it now...

I stand up, madly taking them in with my gaze. I want to slap him, but both might do something to me if I even tried it.

"Go to hell," I growl.

Kace steps toward me, holding his arms out to me as if he expects me to willingly walk into them. I take a step back out of instinct, wanting as much distance between us as I can get. But Kaden grabs his shoulder, pulling him back.

"Leave your soon to be wife with me. You'll have a submissive mate by the afternoon," Kaden whispers lowly to Kace, as though he thinks I can't hear him. If he thinks I would ever submit to him, he's crazy. I'd rather die.

Kace gives me a lasting glance, the walks out of the room.

I look down at the floor, refusing to look at Kaden. He walks around me. Watching my every move.

"I will not marry him," I say, after a good few minutes silence. He didn't speak. Instead he walked around me still, sizing me up as if I am his prey. I feel like it anyway. The silence eats at the back of my mind. He is using it to manipulate me.

"And I sure as hell would rather die then stay here..." I blurt out. I know he will kill me if I don't do as he says. It's how he works. He is a sociopathic murderer, and now I finally see it. He stops in front of me, and I glare up at him.

"You're not going to die. Not on my watch," Kaden commented smoothly. I can't tell if he's looking at me now. His face is completely covered. I decide to voice my queries.

"Why won't you show me your face. Scared?" I question. He chuckles, finding amusement in my claims. He steps closer to me. I don't back away, knowing that he will just think that I'm weak if I do. So I stand my ground, trying to see through the shadow, but it's impossible.

He reaches a gloved hand out to touch my face. I let him, unmoving. His finger glides down my cheek, then he cups my chin.

"I'm scared of no one," he murmurs. I blink. "Then show me..."

"I can't show you. You may be attracted to me if I do," he says lightly. My face screws up. As if! He wishes I would feel anything toward him.

I shake my head at him, but I am restricted as he still holds my chin still. "Sorry to say, murderers aren't my type..."

He laughs. "You've got a mouth on you. I like it."

He lets me go. I can't help but wonder what everyone else was like, that he has kidnapped in the past. Are they dead? Did he really kill them.

I remember a girl from my school that got kidnapped. I knew her. I liked her even. She stuck up for me, until Kaden snatched her in the night.

"Back to the subject of Kace..."