[ E p i l o g u e ]

Epilogue

“Jonah!” I giggled as he nearly slipped on the freshly mopped floor. He turned around abruptly and glared at me. “How’s work?”

I leaned on the counter and he walked over, mirroring my actions. He lightly pressed his lips to my cheek. “It’s perfect now that you’re here," he whispered.

“You’re so cheesy, you know that?” I asked him.

“I know. So what brings you around this fine area?” he asked me as he looked around the nearly empty ice cream shop. I shrugged.

“I just got out of work; I thought I’d stop by and pay my boyfriend a visit,” I could never get used to saying that. Boyfriend, Jonah is my boyfriend. My boyfriend. Mine.

Jonah laughed. “Do you want anything?”

I thought for a minute, puckering my lips and rubbing my chin. “A vanilla sundae sounds good right about now.”

Jonah nodded as he walked over to the machine and started creating my sundae. We’ve only been dating for a month, considering we made it "officially official" on my birthday. I like to say that we’ve been dating for two considering we started ‘dating’ on January 17th, according to Jonah. It’s already March 20th and we’re still going strong.

“Do you want sprinkles on it?” Jonah asked and I nodded my head excitedly as he grabbed the ladle and dipped it into the sprinkles. He dumped them onto my sundae. “Chocolate fudge? Chocolate chips? Caramel? Nuts?”

I smirked at the latter and giggled. He rolled his eyes but laughed none the less. “Chocolate fudge should do.”

He drizzled on the fudge and handed it to me, giving me a spoon, too. I sighed as I felt the cold ice cream hit my tongue. “It’s amazing. And Jonah?”

“Yes?” he asked me, a smile on his face.

“This one is on you,” I smiled as I walked over to a table. He followed me to the table, taking a seat. “What happened to working?”

“I’m taking my thirty minute break. Jer can cover for me,” he smirked as my brother groaned and stood up. I looked at Mere who sighed and walked over to our table.

“Really? You have to take my boyfriend away from me?” she complained.

“I want to hang out with my boyfriend. Get your own,” I muttered as I flicked a bit of vanilla ice cream at her. It landed on her cheek and she gasped.

“You better not find a new boyfriend!” Jer exclaimed as he walked behind the counter.

“You’re evil!” Mere cried as she hastily wiped away the ice cream. She turned towards Jer and grinned. “I won’t, babe, trust me.”

I pretended to gag as I glared at the two. “We’re in public, you guys.”

“Says the one making out with her boyfriend the moment she walks in; watching your sister kiss her boyfriend is a really disturbing sight,” Jer shivered as he put his gloves on. I rolled my eyes at him and winked at Jonah again, earning a scowl from my brother. 

A little boy around the age of nine or ten walked into the ice cream shop and approached the counter. “Hey little boy, want some ice cream?”

The boy stared at Jer horrified. “Stranger danger!” he screamed as he exited the ice cream shop.

Jer frowned. “What’d I do wrong?”

“You were creepy,” I smirked and he frowned deeper.

After a minute, he smiled. “There are always other little boys that I can give ice cream to.”

Jonah and I fell into fits of laughter while Mere shook her head, a horrified look on her face.