[ C h a p t e r - T w e n t y - S i x ]

Chapter 26

“Savannah Harp!” I heard the screeching voice from all the way down the hallway. I sighed, turning around to see Waverly approaching me quickly, her heels sounding from all the way down the hall. I waited patiently until she reached me.

Everyone’s eyes were on us. “What’s your problem?” I asked.

“What’s my problem? My problem is that you’re dating my man!” she snapped and I stared at her for a minute before I quirked an eyebrow. “Why are you so quiet? Huh? Did you realize that you’re making Jonah cheat on me?”

I sighed. “Actually, I was waiting for you to realize how stupid you sound. I’m not dating your man; you’re crushing on mine,” I replied calmly as I closed my locker. Call me possessive. “Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to get to class.”

I bypassed Waverly who was glaring daggers into the side of my head. “We’re not finished here!”

“We’re just about as finished as your imaginary relationship with my boyfriend,” I responded as I walked down the hallway. I heard people whispering as Waverly stormed off in the other direction. I noticed Jonah walk down the hallway towards me with a smirk on his face.

I winked as my face reddened. I hope he didn’t see that. “You’re cute when you’re possessive.”

I rolled my eyes as he grabbed my hand and turned to walk with me. I tried to hide the redness of my face even though it’s impossible. He swung our hands casually as we walked to class. He pecked me on the cheek before I entered the classroom. People stared at me as if I was a foreigner.

I was counting the days until Jonah and I ‘break-up’ and even though we didn’t think it fully through at the time, we need to decide how long we’re going to stay away from each other before we become friends again. It’d look a bit suspicious if we break up and the next day, we’re best buds again. Plus, the break up should give me some time to think and decide whether or not I’ll take Caleb up on his offer to go on a date; if he offers again.

The teacher began talking but I couldn’t focus. Our friendship after this stunt is going to be awkward. Every time I look at his lips, I go red and eventually, he probably catch on that I have a crush on him, that’s if he doesn’t already know. I’m just a confused teenage girl.

~~~

“You guys can use this time in the computer lab to look up information about your biography subject or you can type the paper,” Mr. G announced while Jonah had his hand raised.

“Yes, Mr. Davis?” Mr. G asked as his eyes glanced at me worriedly. He probably assumed that I didn’t want to work so Jonah was going to demand he gets to work independently.

Jonah took the stack of papers from my hand and handed them to Mr. G. “We’ve already completed the project.”

Mr. G seemed shocked. His eyes grazed the papers before he looked up. “Then I guess you have a free period.”

We slowly exited the library, our bags in our hands. “Where do you want to go?”

“I don’t know about you, but-," Jonah cut me off.

“I’m feeling 22,” he smirked and I rolled my eyes. I have a feeling that this boy has an obsession with Taylor Swift.

He grabbed my hand in his own, swinging them playfully. I looked around to see no one else in the hallway. He didn’t need to act. I’m not complaining though; I enjoy the feeling of his hand in my own, how they fit perfectly together. How his fingers wrapped around my hand comfortably and how- okay, we get it.